image.jpg
JDRF_One_Walk.jpg
image-375.jpg
image-431.jpg
image-474.jpg
image-523.jpg
image-333.jpg
lidocaine-prilocaine.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My grandson Gordon was born on Christmas day two years ago. At 15 months old, he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I will NEVER forget how helpless I felt when my wife and I arrived at the emergency room about 11:00 PM on a Sunday night to find my son Justin and his wife Chelsie, with little Gordon hooked up to an IV in each arm. I will also NEVER forget the helpless and confused look in Gordon's eyes as we came into the room. Funny how I can get a little teary eyed even now, when I think about it.
Today, Gordon is the love of our lives. He's such a great little kid and the way he deals with the daily diabetes rituals, amazes me. He gets tested 6 times a day, on average, and he's even gotten to the point where he tells us which finger or toe (well, he doesn't like toes anymore) he wants pricked. All of it is pretty painless, except for the insertion of his infusion set. Gordon's been on an insulin pump since he was about 18 months old ( what a God send that is) and it requires an infusion set, which involves the tubing from the pump which goes to a small adhesive disk with a needle attached, and that needle is inserted in his backside. THIS, he does not care for. Because of the adhesive and the way it reacts to his skin, it must be moved every couple of days. Some days he takes it like a champ, while other days, he needs to be held down while it's done.
Hopefully, someday doctors and researchers will find a simpler way. Maybe a cure? Maybe a bionic pancreas, which they're actually working on and would eliminate what diabetics now go through.
To help with funding the research, our family, including my 86 year old mother and 87 year old father, will be walking in the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund) One Walk on February 1 at The Mall of America to raise funds for research.
If you'd like to help Gordon and others like him, you can go to the following link and donate. It's my son's page and we're known as Team G!!
Thanks!!
https://www2.jdrf.org/site/Donation2;jsessionid=C092BE2DA9521B164D2F4C84679BF7E1.app333b?14306.donation=form1&idb=1240774834&df_id=14306&FR_ID=4785&PROXY_ID=9483673&PROXY_TYPE=20&s_src=boundlessfundraising&s_subsrc=bfDskFbPfMsg

I posted this in the Mortimer's Monthly Facebook Group so it can help get the word out locally. With two little kids at home right now, plus our daughter who died after she was born, stories like this really hit home. Best of luck with this!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Shit. Forgot the pics.

image-474.jpg 225 KB

image-431.jpg 222 KB

Isn't it sacrilegious to have a pin in your game room on sliders and not pin footies?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-my-grandson-and-others-like-him?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.