Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

diabetesawarness_675.jpg
dawgbeer.jpg
image.jpg
image-579.jpg
image.jpg
image-23.jpg
image-131.jpg
breakthrough.jpg
image.jpg
JDRF_One_Walk.jpg
image-375.jpg
image-431.jpg
image-474.jpg
image-523.jpg
image-333.jpg
lidocaine-prilocaine.jpeg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

That pouch would de me good for long runs. What a trooper he is.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That pouch would de me good for long runs. What a trooper he is.

He is definitely a trooper and that is probably the LE version of Iron Maiden that Bryan is going to buy for him!

Brad

#103 4 years ago

#104 4 years ago

Just thought I'd give everyone an update. We're currently at $3,650 toward our goal of $5,000. Our fellow Pinsiders have definitely pulled together and donated way more than we ever could have hoped. Just another reason to love this hobby. Hopefully we can reach our goal!

#105 4 years ago

Great news. Please keep us posted. These guys always pull through in the end too

#106 4 years ago

Still have WOZ translite signed by Jack, free for $100 donation.

#107 4 years ago

And I still have RFM replacement ball catcher decals available free of charge for anyone making a donation to Team G. Several have already donated, thank you! Details in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-ball-catcher-part-31-3547-1#post-2219100

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Hand signed WOZ translite free with $100 donation.

I'll claim that.

Edit - still available. Donation made last week but the reality is that this would never actually make it on my wall because... well.. I'm lazy about that stuff... It's really cool though, someone should make the donation and put this on their wall.

#109 4 years ago

Thanks to BTW75 WOZ translite signed by Jersey Jack back up. Yours for free with $100 tax deductable donation to Team G.image-579.jpgimage.jpg

#110 4 years ago

donation made. wish i could be there for the walk this weekend, but it's not in the cards.

thanks for everything Bryan

KingPin

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

donation made. wish i could be there for the walk this weekend, but it's not in the cards.
thanks for everything Bryan
Kingpin

Bigger thanks to you, Chris, for the little "deal" donation I'll be making.

I know how badly you wanted to go to The Mall of America. I know you'll be there in spirit.

#112 4 years ago

Bump for the little guy!

#113 4 years ago

Hi Bryan
Sorry to hear this.
Unfortunately, I am no stranger to this disease. I do not have it, however there are many people who are very dear to me who have been diagnosed. This includes my Father, My Grandfather, My Grandmother, My Mother-in_law and Uncles.
My wife's cousin also has it. Instead of just dealing with it..she decided to do something about it.

http://diabetestalkfest.com/blog/

This is her site. She started this mainly for young folks as a support group . She got frustrated with trying to find sites that would be aimed towards younger people. She has since become a major advocate for diabetes. She also does a ton of work for the JDRF.

Just something I thought you might want to check out. I hope that it helps you somehow. She knows a ton of stuff on the subject. The site has a lot of resources and links that are very helpful. They also have discussion groups. Don't be afraid to drop her line if you have any questions.
Best Regards
-Joe

#114 4 years ago

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi Bryan
Sorry to hear this.
Unfortunately, I am no stranger to this disease. I do not have it, however there are many people who are very dear to me who have been diagnosed. This includes my Father, My Grandfather, My Grandmother, My Mother-in_law and Uncles.
My wife's cousin also has it. Instead of just dealing with it..she decided to do something about it.
http://diabetestalkfest.com/blog/
This is her site. She started this mainly for young folks as a support group . She got frustrated with trying to find sites that would be aimed towards younger people. She has since become a major advocate for diabetes. She also does a ton of work for the JDRF.
Just something I thought you might want to check out. I hope that it helps you somehow. She knows a ton of stuff on the subject. The site has a lot of resources and links that are very helpful. They also have discussion groups. Don't be afraid to drop her line if you have any questions.
Best Regards
-Joe

Thanks, Joe. I'll make sure to share this with the kids.

#116 4 years ago

Tomorrow's the day!! Looks like there'll be about 20 family members and friends involved in the walk, and of course, we had to have "Team G" shirts made for the occasion. Gord gets one too.

Huge thank you to everyone that gave. I like to think you've all made a difference. I'm convinced Gordon will see some major changes in his lifetime.

image.jpg
#117 4 years ago

Such a cute kid. It is hard to remember when my own kids were that age. Anyway, hope everyone who participates has a great day tomorrow.

#118 4 years ago

#119 4 years ago

Donation made because it really is the "least" that I could do. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to spend on something far more important than the game that we all get online to jaw about. To those of you championing these type of causes, those of you that do the "most" you can do rather than the least, you have my respect and admiration.

2 weeks later
#120 4 years ago

Bryan: How did the walk go?

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Bryan: How did the walk go?

The walk went well. My wife and I were at MOA about 6:00 to help with registration. The walk went from 9:00 until 10:00. We had about 20 members in Team G. I have no idea how many people were there but there had to be thousands. All three floors were filled with walkers.

With the help of family, friends and Pinside members, Justin was able to raise about $5500 for JDRF. Not bad for a 30 year old snot nosed kid.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!!!!!

#122 4 years ago

Nice to hear. Thanks for sharing.

3 years later
#123 11 months ago

It was 1,315 days ago that someone last posted in this thread, but I thought it is a good place. A lot has changed in those 3 years and JDRF continues to help those with diabetes. The link below is about raising money at Expo to assist Team G for JDRF without making a 'direct' donation as Superdawg Drive-In will do it for you! They have great food and now their own beer!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2018-reboot-wheeling-il/page/20#post-4638501

I promise not to link to other threads, the idea is not to derail Expo, but promote everything that is going on. Rob Berk is supportive of the effort, which is appreciated. And Bryan, please don't be mad at me. Thanks.

Brad

#124 11 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And Bryan, please don't be mad at me. Thanks.
Brad

I owe you a hug tomorrow, Brad! Thank you for no fan club cards....asshole!

#125 11 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I owe you a hug tomorrow, Brad! Thank you for no fan club cards....asshole!

I can't believe how far the technology has come since you posted, which is awesome! I know there is the time-lapse image, but coming from a diabetic it is hard to express to others exactly what that means. And I don't know what cards you are talking about... See you soon!

And for anyone interested in the Superdawg Drive-In fundraiser, they do sell beer there now, so buy it and have 20% go to Team G for JDRF!

Brad

dawgbeer.jpg
2 weeks later
#126 10 months ago

It is November and National Diabetes Awareness Month has begun. Please take a moment to think about Gordon and others as they take on the daily challenge to manage their diabetes. Thanks.

Brad

diabetesawarness_675.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside