(Topic ID: 235861)

Please help my daughter reach fundraising goal....

By badbilly27

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Yelobird
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders,

My daughter goes to the University of Wisconsin in Madison. She's a freshman looking to major in psychology and sociology. Instead of joining a sorority or other hobby club, she has chosen to join "A Moment of Magic Foundation". She is raising money ($420) to be used towards creating a professional character costume that she can wear when visiting children who are critically ill. Her goal is to bring a little joy to these kids as they meet characters they enjoy.

My daughter wears her heart on her sleeve, so I couldn't be prouder that she chose this organization to dedicate time to while in college. Thought I would create some awareness for her on pinside. If this resonates with you, a donation would be greatly appreciated. Please click on the link below to learn more.

https://giveid.org/campaign/PJY7L3J5

#3 5 years ago

Donation sent from The Mod Couple Billy. You should be proud of your daughter for considering others especially children in need. Congrats and good luck to her!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Donation sent from The Mod Couple Billy. You should be proud of your daughter for considering others especially children in need. Congrats and good luck to her!

Thank you Dave! I'll let her know the first donation came from you. Sincere thanks.

#5 5 years ago

It is so much easier to give your time than your money. That said, I gave money.

Thank your daughter for me for taking the time to do something special for these kids.

#6 5 years ago

Hi Bill,

I'm in, my daughter in law graduated from UW.

#7 5 years ago

As a UW grad myself I'm happy to help out a little, I hope she makes her goal quickly!!!

#8 5 years ago

Donation sent

Looks like she is about half way there.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for representing the Badgers in such a great way, Danielle! Donated to help get you there. ON WISCONSIN!

#10 5 years ago

If my kids were sick, they would be overjoyed to see one of their character heroes. Also a UW alumni and happy to donate.

On Wisconsin!

#11 5 years ago

Thank you newovad, indybru, PTHermes, KingPinGames, Hogbog, and FatPanda!! And Yelobird. Sincerely appreciated.

Danielle called me late last night shocked at the quick contributions and generosity displayed by the pinball community. She was touched. She will be writing a personal thank you which I'll post on here shortly. She also felt the bear hug of fellow Badgers, which also made her proud. I like bragging to my family that this is not just a hobby, but a community of really cool people. You guys simply rock!

She's half way there in one day. My gratitude.

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago

Update: My daughter reached her fundraising goal! Thank you!

Quick note from Danielle:

Hello! I just wanted to personally thank all of you for your donations. It meant a lot to me that even though we don’t personally know each other, you were willing to donate to help me bring some happiness to these children. I will send a picture to my dad of me in my costume once I am assigned a character. Thanks again for all of your help, i really appreciate it!

#13 5 years ago

And we thank Danielle! Doing something for others Especially kids is a Wonderful thing she (and her dad) should be Very proud of! Congrats, go bring them a smile!!!

The Mod Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-my-daughter-reach-fundraising-goal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.