• Latest reply 8 years ago by CaptP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3865.jpg
#1 8 years ago

This game is killing me. I have no backbox GI, I don't know where else to look. I have power to my yellows, fuses are good, looks like I have power coming from all wires but white green and white brown. Where should I look? I'm really lost here. Thankyou

#2 8 years ago

Power for the GI Backbox lights come in through J6 on the interconnect board and it goes out J7. If you have voltage coming in at J6 and you have voltage at J7, then you might have a broken wire. If you don't have voltage at J7, then the problem is either at the J6 connector (very common), or somewhere between J6 & J7 (fuses are on one side, straight traces to the other).

Best regards,

Tom

#3 8 years ago

Going to check that now Tom, Will get back with you in a few. And thankyou...

#4 8 years ago

Attached is the schematic of the GI Circuit on the Interconnect board. My understanding is as follows for the Green & Green/White Wires.

Power comes in through yellow wires into J6, pin 3. Goes to back box out J7, pin 9 (green wire). Through the lights (to illuminate them) back in J7, Pin 7 (green/white wire), through the fuse at F3, back out to the transformer through J6, pin 8. As this is A/C current, the Yellow and Yellow & White wires work in pairs. The Green and Green & White also work in pairs. The attached schematic shows what I am trying to explain.

Best regards,

Tom
IMG_3865.JPGIMG_3865.JPG

#5 8 years ago

I have voltages on the backbox and from connector, but no lights. Does the mpu control them? Very lost

#6 8 years ago

MPU does not control the GI Lights. How are you testing for voltage. Are you testing to ground, or the Yellow or Yellow/White at the J6 Connector? Remember, the Yellow & Yellow/White, the Green & Green/White wires work in pairs. Test the wires in pairs for voltage.

Best regards,

Tom

#7 8 years ago

Check for wire breaks at the first socket on the backbox lightboard.

#8 8 years ago

The tests I would perform

Issue: Green & White/Green GI string does not light

Turn off Game & Unplug Connector at J6 on the interconnect board

Keep Game Off Test for continuity between J6-3 & J7-9. If no continuity, then use the schematic to locate the break.

Keep Game Off Test for continuity between J6-8 & J7-7. If no continuity, then use the schematic to locate the break

Keep Game Off Test Green & White/Green string of lights for continuity

If you still have not found your break, reconnect J6 and very, very carefully with the machine on:

Test: DMM Test Connector J6-3 (one probe) & J6-8 (other probe), at connector plugged into interconnect board. Per schematic above, you should have 5.9v ac, If no, you do not have power from the transformer. If there is power, then maybe the relay on the back of the insert panel is giving you problems (I haven't seen that before, but who knows). I would be looking for broken wires/bad connections.

Best regards,

Tom

#9 8 years ago

Tom, Thankyou for all the help. I was testing them wrong like you said, I did what you said and found I had the voltages, but the wiring to the connector on the backbox relay was wrong. Rewired it and my backbox lights are restored again. I want to thankyou so very much as without the info you provided me I would still be lost. One last thing, Do you know what would cause all the insert lights on a taxi to go out? My son was playing his taxi and all the insert lights are not working.

#10 8 years ago

I would start at fuses, and from there look for a broken wire. Given all lights are out, I would be looking primarily for a common ground wire to be broken.

#11 8 years ago

GI lighting can be such a pia we had a string out in the backbox of sorcerer and I got bored one day and broke the meter out and started checking and low and behold it was a fuse that was intact looking at it but no good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-me-with-this-diner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.