Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by elcolonel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

protest (resized).jpg
    DD3F40AB-6E97-42C2-B660-19E30B59F33E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

hey guys-
    first off, thank you to the OP. You know who you are, it's very helpful and appreciated.
    secondly, mods, before you read the first few sentences of my main point below and delete my comment for being political, please read it in it's entirety and then make that decision.
    lastly, i would like to address the deleted comment, which made mention of the politicians of NY city and state being commies. let me just say that no one is more familiar with the politics and policies of NY more than me. and i'm not going to disagree with the substance of the comment. but here's the thing... i have been through an emotional and financial turmoil like i have never known or seen, for no fault of my own. i have been put through the ringer, setting me back in career by at least 10 years. i have already felt the infuriating unfairness, the anger, the resentment, the helplessness. it has affected me personally, and i'm just now learning how not to let it affect my family and newborn girl. i've been to the protests, i've tried to make my voice heard. i've sold off close to half of my collection to pay my living and biz expenses, which isn't easy to do when you want to call yourself a pinball bar. i've felt sadness like i can't explain, bitched to all my friends, cried on my wife's shoulder more times than my pride should let you all know about. i've sat and pondered for 10 months straight, what i'm going to say to my landlord the next time he comes by to grab a check for both the biz and my apt above it. i've done all the things and felt all of the emotions that i can handle anymore. it's done. they aren't listening and i can't change their minds. so i live with it. i'm free now. free from caring, wondering, anticipating, wishing and hoping. now i can love my family for how awesome they are and realize that even if Jackbar ultimately has to close, I did something great at least once in my life. I no longer curse them, because that's one thing they can't make a policy to take away.
    Thank you to all who donated, or just wish they could. And whether or not you feel we should be helped during this time, or not, if Jackbar does survive, we'll greet you and host you with open arms any time you decide to join us. Trust me, I'm almost always there. Just ask for me.
    -Jon

Jon,

I don’t know you. We’ve never met. However, your post really hit me hard. Hang in there. You are right. It is out of your control, but you have a community behind you. Hug that wife and little girl of yours. That’s what matters most.

Peace.

Brian

2 months later
    #25 3 years ago

I thought I’d check in to see if anyone knows how Jackbar is doing. I’m not in the loop in terms of what is going on in NYC, but I hope they have been able to open and operate. Watching Jon’s video really hit home and made me realize how real the struggle has been for many. I hope he and his family are doing well and that his beautiful new daughter has now been able to go to work with Dad for a day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-jackbar?tu=Krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.