Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by elcolonel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

protest (resized).jpg
    DD3F40AB-6E97-42C2-B660-19E30B59F33E (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Pinball Friends,

I've known Jon Ehrlich for close to 10 years. He goes out of his way to help fellow pinheads, hosts events, and is a genuinely great member of this community. Covid has hit locations hard and his doubly so as he's not just an operator in another persons establishment he is also the bar owner.

With locations drying up under normal circumstances, it would be amazing to help keep Jackbar open as it really is a fantastic place to play.

He has a gofundme page set up to help keep the place afloat until the Mayor of NYC allows patronage again even at reduced capacity. Anything helps!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/shoot-again-a-campaign-to-assist-jackbar-nyc?fbclid=IwAR2b1LcLojd0066X52gDz5HIdrMtGz53It9997zBDcUBc7heeLDoh-eZ8rQ

Thank you so much for your generosity and altruism.

#3 3 years ago

+1 Jon is top people

#4 3 years ago

Not germane to this post.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

this 1000 X over

Guess we missed something...

#8 3 years ago

I'm sure it was a really nice sentiment that got deleted.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I'm sure it was a really nice sentiment that got deleted.

It was not about Jackbar or Jon. He had a very correct statement about the Mayor of NY.

#10 3 years ago

hey guys-

first off, thank you to the OP. You know who you are, it's very helpful and appreciated.

secondly, mods, before you read the first few sentences of my main point below and delete my comment for being political, please read it in it's entirety and then make that decision.

lastly, i would like to address the deleted comment, which made mention of the politicians of NY city and state being commies. let me just say that no one is more familiar with the politics and policies of NY more than me. and i'm not going to disagree with the substance of the comment. but here's the thing... i have been through an emotional and financial turmoil like i have never known or seen, for no fault of my own. i have been put through the ringer, setting me back in career by at least 10 years. i have already felt the infuriating unfairness, the anger, the resentment, the helplessness. it has affected me personally, and i'm just now learning how not to let it affect my family and newborn girl. i've been to the protests, i've tried to make my voice heard. i've sold off close to half of my collection to pay my living and biz expenses, which isn't easy to do when you want to call yourself a pinball bar. i've felt sadness like i can't explain, bitched to all my friends, cried on my wife's shoulder more times than my pride should let you all know about. i've sat and pondered for 10 months straight, what i'm going to say to my landlord the next time he comes by to grab a check for both the biz and my apt above it. i've done all the things and felt all of the emotions that i can handle anymore. it's done. they aren't listening and i can't change their minds. so i live with it. i'm free now. free from caring, wondering, anticipating, wishing and hoping. now i can love my family for how awesome they are and realize that even if Jackbar ultimately has to close, I did something great at least once in my life. I no longer curse them, because that's one thing they can't make a policy to take away.

Thank you to all who donated, or just wish they could. And whether or not you feel we should be helped during this time, or not, if Jackbar does survive, we'll greet you and host you with open arms any time you decide to join us. Trust me, I'm almost always there. Just ask for me.

-Jon

#11 3 years ago

If you want to be able to play in one of the greatest pinball bars ever when you visit NYC , donate to this cause.

Behind every business is a story like this and they are suffering.

#12 3 years ago

bigehrl considered moving out of NY? Its a big beautiful country, your ambition and entrepreneurial skills would be rewarded and appreciated elsewhere.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from DJK77:

bigehrl considered moving out of NY? Its a big beautiful country, your ambition and entrepreneurial skills would be rewarded and appreciated elsewhere.

AGREE

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from DJK77:

my wife is from savannah, GA, and she brings it up. but i’m a 3rd generation new yorker (my newborn daughter now 4th generation) and a lot of history and business heritage in Brooklyn through my grandfather. i just feel like, despite what’s being handed to me by a few bad apples, there’s no place i’d rather be. that’s not to say i don’t recognize how great so many other places in the country are. i’ve been to and loved many. it’s that my heart is just part of this city. it would be too difficult to say goodbye.

#15 3 years ago

I was only able to visit once, but can't wait to go back. Happy to donate and help at least a little bit. All the best to bigehrl and family.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

hey guys-
    first off, thank you to the OP. You know who you are, it's very helpful and appreciated.
    secondly, mods, before you read the first few sentences of my main point below and delete my comment for being political, please read it in it's entirety and then make that decision.
    lastly, i would like to address the deleted comment, which made mention of the politicians of NY city and state being commies. let me just say that no one is more familiar with the politics and policies of NY more than me. and i'm not going to disagree with the substance of the comment. but here's the thing... i have been through an emotional and financial turmoil like i have never known or seen, for no fault of my own. i have been put through the ringer, setting me back in career by at least 10 years. i have already felt the infuriating unfairness, the anger, the resentment, the helplessness. it has affected me personally, and i'm just now learning how not to let it affect my family and newborn girl. i've been to the protests, i've tried to make my voice heard. i've sold off close to half of my collection to pay my living and biz expenses, which isn't easy to do when you want to call yourself a pinball bar. i've felt sadness like i can't explain, bitched to all my friends, cried on my wife's shoulder more times than my pride should let you all know about. i've sat and pondered for 10 months straight, what i'm going to say to my landlord the next time he comes by to grab a check for both the biz and my apt above it. i've done all the things and felt all of the emotions that i can handle anymore. it's done. they aren't listening and i can't change their minds. so i live with it. i'm free now. free from caring, wondering, anticipating, wishing and hoping. now i can love my family for how awesome they are and realize that even if Jackbar ultimately has to close, I did something great at least once in my life. I no longer curse them, because that's one thing they can't make a policy to take away.
    Thank you to all who donated, or just wish they could. And whether or not you feel we should be helped during this time, or not, if Jackbar does survive, we'll greet you and host you with open arms any time you decide to join us. Trust me, I'm almost always there. Just ask for me.
    -Jon

Jon,

I don’t know you. We’ve never met. However, your post really hit me hard. Hang in there. You are right. It is out of your control, but you have a community behind you. Hug that wife and little girl of yours. That’s what matters most.

Peace.

Brian

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Jon,
    I don’t know you. We’ve never met. However, your post really hit me hard. Hang in there. You are right. It is out of your control, but you have a community behind you. Hug that wife and little girl of yours. That’s what matters most.
    Peace.
    Brian

it's comments like yours that make me realize, despite what's been thrown at me, how good life really is. thanks much for saying that. after being shaken up as hard as i could, it's how i really feel.

#18 3 years ago

Goddamit, man. Tough video to watch. Coming from someone that works at Up Down, has a wife that works (and has been laid off twice this year) in coin op, and am close friends with the owner of Tilt Pinball Bar here in Minneapolis... I feel your pain.

Donated and shared.

You'll make it through this, my friend. Keep your head up.

Brian

#19 3 years ago

bigehrl I tried to order the wasted bartender shirt on your website too... Looks like pick up only? Can you ship? PM me if possible....

#20 3 years ago

Visited once and had a fantastic time playing all of the releases I've missed over the last year. I saw this on Facebook and donated there. I'm a sucker for t-shirt too, I'll check out the website. Would need to be shipped though. Looking forward to stopping in again. Good luck!

#21 3 years ago

Good luck man, Id be in your position if things were different in Texas.
    Donation incoming.

#22 3 years ago

Donated. I’d rip these nip rings out for you too if I had the chance.

DD3F40AB-6E97-42C2-B660-19E30B59F33E (resized).jpegDD3F40AB-6E97-42C2-B660-19E30B59F33E (resized).jpeg
    #23 3 years ago

pinghetto Shredso hocuslocus WGPE thank you to all of you. i can’t say enough about having such a community and support at this stage in my life. it’s incredibly humbling, but as my wife and friends keep telling me over and over, i need to put my pride aside until this over. so thank you. anyone who inquired about the t-shirts, order from me directly. screw the website. i’ll ship to whoever would like one. stock is limited as far as styles and sizes, but i’ll go through them myself and tell you what’s available. PM me and we’ll take it to either email or phone to make it easier. thank you again!

#24 3 years ago

flashback: to when i thought my voice could be heard.

protest (resized).jpgprotest (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #25 3 years ago

I thought I’d check in to see if anyone knows how Jackbar is doing. I’m not in the loop in terms of what is going on in NYC, but I hope they have been able to open and operate. Watching Jon’s video really hit home and made me realize how real the struggle has been for many. I hope he and his family are doing well and that his beautiful new daughter has now been able to go to work with Dad for a day.

#26 3 years ago

EIDL funds through the SBA are still available and relatively easy to obtain.
    https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-jackbar?hl=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.