(Topic ID: 271898)

Please help. I’m stumped.

By Johncare07

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Working on restoring a WH20. Everything was working great and I was just about to put the playfield back in the cabinet when I noticed the inserts were not blinking (specifically the rafts on are what I noticed first). The GI is fine and so are the flashers.

I thought they were not working at all until I looked closer and realized the inserts are blinking, but they are very weak. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Checked for continuity on fuses
    Reseated the connectors at the board
    Installed the daughter power drop power board to see if that would help

Nothing. Can anyone please help? Much appreciated. John

#2 3 years ago

I'd grab a meter. What voltage at the sockets ? What voltage leaving the power driver board ? What voltage power going to the driver board.

First try and figure where power is dropping.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Reseat...sandpaper....broken wire...bad trace PCB...

#4 3 years ago

Yea check your grounds , wiring , and pins. Sometimes Your wires and connections have something that looks good but can have a bad connection . Check your continuity with a meter and your diodes.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. It was the OCDLED board. Once I pulled that out it worked perfectly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-im-stumped-?hl=johncare07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.