Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by donnPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Needing some help. I recently purchased a Gorgar and it has no sound (no hum or anything). Things I have done so far:
1. All fuses checked and okay.
2. Checked pot in cabinet and is good.
3. Checked speaker and wire to sound board - okay.
4. Diagnostic switch on sound board pressed and no sound.
5. Checked voltage input from transformer. 9.4 v at outer pins (1 and 9)and no voltage at center (pin 5). (? potential issue). What to do?
6. Checked voltages at TP's. TP1 is 10.9 v (supposed to be 12v), TP2 is -12.4 v, and TP4 is 4.9v. With TP1 being 10.9, could this be the problem? What is the fix?
7. I have also taken the sound board loose (while the game is on and functioning) and put my finger on the back of IC1. No hum created.
I am out of ideas and hope some of the experts will chime in. Thanks in advance.

#3 5 years ago

Sound issue resolved... on to other challenges.

#4 5 years ago

What was it?

#5 5 years ago

CPR to get the heartbeat back?

#6 5 years ago

Follow-up. After all the work I did checking the boards etc... I went back again to check the basic things such as the POT, connectors, ... I realized that when I checked the speaker, I checked it before unplugging it in the back box at J3 (I think, going off memory - two black wires connected to the sound board). Leaving it connected, I received a resistance reading and moved on initially. After rethinking (and hours later), I went back and unplugged the speaker and checked the resistance. BINGO!! No resistance which means the speaker was completely shot and not even making a hum. Replaced the speaker and the sound is perfect. A true oversight / mistake. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-gorgar-no-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.