Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by donnPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Needing some help. I recently purchased a Gorgar and it has no sound (no hum or anything). Things I have done so far:
1. All fuses checked and okay.
2. Checked pot in cabinet and is good.
3. Checked speaker and wire to sound board - okay.
4. Diagnostic switch on sound board pressed and no sound.
5. Checked voltage input from transformer. 9.4 v at outer pins (1 and 9)and no voltage at center (pin 5). (? potential issue). What to do?
6. Checked voltages at TP's. TP1 is 10.9 v (supposed to be 12v), TP2 is -12.4 v, and TP4 is 4.9v. With TP1 being 10.9, could this be the problem? What is the fix?
7. I have also taken the sound board loose (while the game is on and functioning) and put my finger on the back of IC1. No hum created.
I am out of ideas and hope some of the experts will chime in. Thanks in advance.

#3 8 months ago

Sound issue resolved... on to other challenges.

#4 8 months ago

What was it?

#5 8 months ago

CPR to get the heartbeat back?

#6 8 months ago

Follow-up. After all the work I did checking the boards etc... I went back again to check the basic things such as the POT, connectors, ... I realized that when I checked the speaker, I checked it before unplugging it in the back box at J3 (I think, going off memory - two black wires connected to the sound board). Leaving it connected, I received a resistance reading and moved on initially. After rethinking (and hours later), I went back and unplugged the speaker and checked the resistance. BINGO!! No resistance which means the speaker was completely shot and not even making a hum. Replaced the speaker and the sound is perfect. A true oversight / mistake. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,649 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.95
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
989 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Florham Park, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside