IMG-20130801-01580.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
power_cord_mockup.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glistoverflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago

Definitely looks like some battery juice crusties on the battery holder. Clip it off and clean up the surrounding area. Doesn't look like it has spread too much which is good. Lots of times it works its way down to the PIAs on the driver board which are directly underneath. Recapping the power supply is easy if you are decent with the soldering iron. The 40-pin is kind of a pain if you don't have a good desoldering solution. Also be sure to check the sockets on the CPU as outlined in the guides.

I just picked up a project Firepower myself but the CPU and driver are both pretty hosed with corrosion so I have to replace a whole ton of stuff. I predict you will be up and running after doing PSU/40-pin/sockets.

#77 10 years ago

Just three color coded wire connections to solder, nothing challenging. Hardest part is getting your face close enough down into the cab to see what you're doing.

#79 10 years ago

Looks right. Whats wrong with your power cord? May be easier to just put a new plug on the end?

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Patofnaud - I tried to turn it off and on really quick and was stuck on that same display. I let it sit for a few minutes and tried again same result.

Also keep in mind this only works with the coin door open

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I've a Firepower II with batteries removed and coin door closed that does not follow that belief.

You're saying you can go from audit to attract by flipping the switch with the door shut? Coin door switch is broken maybe?

Or you can't get from audit to attract at all?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

if it refuses to leave audit mode you need a new 5101

#104 10 years ago

Just to make sure you saw the previous post, you have the coin door open, right?

#126 10 years ago

Good work

#152 10 years ago

Can you tell what is burned? If you're intending to get rid of it I might be interested, looks like I need a new master display for my Firepower too

#159 10 years ago

As viper says, TIP102 is equivalent but better.

#161 10 years ago

The sling switches won't show up in switch test, as they are not part of the switch matrix (only the scoring switch is). The special solenoids are controlled separately by 7408s at IC6 and IC7. Since it works in solenoid test the drivers are fine and either the 7408 controlling it is bad or (more likely imo) a switch wire is not making a good connection (fell off, etc)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glistoverflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-firepower-boards?tu=glistoverflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.