Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RudeDogg1
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20130817-01666.jpg
IMG-20130803-01608.jpg
IMG-20130803-01607.jpg
IMG-20130803-01605.jpg
IMG-20130802-01591.jpg
IMG-20130802-01595.jpg
image.jpg
IMG-20130801-01590.jpg
IMG-20130801-01580.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
power_cord_mockup.JPG

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

So question for you.. my time warp just started to have left slingshot go out (Of course when every game was finally working).. It maybe works 1 out of 15 times right now... If i put it in switch test or solenoid test eveything works great,, switches work every time in switch test and it pops fine in solenoid test.. figured same issue as FP so last night I pop out pre-driver and driver (no luck) and then I replace / socket 7408 and still no luck... ideas? Havent tried to swap driver boards yet...

Sounds like a connector problem honestly. You can put the game in solenoid test and watch for the pulse with a logic probe. Trace it to see where it drops out at.

#202 5 years ago

So I looked at time warp...no resistor or capacitor on switch... I see these on FP and flash..there's a diode...this game was working fine for 5 months until changed LEDs.....normal??? I got this game working so haven't gone through Gide guide yet...ordered some basics from gpe..gonna replace 40 pin, add mosfets/jumpers and recap power supply before I mess around with anything else.

Now firepower I finally got a chance to play a bit... I have more sounds then before! But....there is at least one that seems to being played at wrong time... I keep hearing the tilt sound all the time when I hit random things on playfield. Game plays fine except for this and it seems to take long time to eject ball when I get one in a lock....(and is still never got flash lamps to work but all I tried was to replace fat resistor)... so any ideas why I hear more sounds now? And fix? This a 4050 issue again like I had on stellar wars... also the speaker sucks.. what's best place to get a replacement....

Thanks dan

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I keep hearing the tilt sound all the time when I hit random things on playfield.

You have to do your 40 pin first.

Then check your connectors, driver transistors and7408 .

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

So I looked at time warp...no resistor or capacitor on switch...

Apologies - I forgot that Time Warp is different and that the slings are CPU controlled and not special solenoids.

The only thing in the circuit you haven't touched is the PIA (assuming you did Q29, Q28 and IC2) but since it works in test, I have to agree with Andrew - you probably have a connector issue somewhere, though I would have thought if you did perhaps you'd have some difficulty in test as well.

Quoted from danczaz:

But....there is at least one that seems to being played at wrong time... I keep hearing the tilt sound all the time when I hit random things on playfield.

The only comment I can make about this without going back through this thread to see everything you've done is that when I had FP, it had a 2732 in IC14 without the pullup resistor mod. On occasion it would play the wrong sounds during a game. When I finally added the pullup mod to the 2732 it always played the correct sounds.

viperrwk

#205 5 years ago

I did 40 pin on firepower first thing when I got game.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

also the speaker sucks.. what's best place to get a replacement....
Thanks dan

I got one of these for my Firepower http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-13961-00

Fits perfectly but has a bit more bass than treble so the sounds are a little muffled.....

#207 5 years ago

Wow. Gotta be the longest TECH: thread ever! Very informative. Thanks everyone!

#208 5 years ago

Viperwk...been busy...ill go through your note and game hopefully this weekend...

Schawggs...might give it a try. Think speaker is just shot from play/age..all others I have from this era sound great still..

Smokey..looking for a playfield for a swap so thisthread might grow!

Have a little work to do on time warp... I'm gonna start a new thread for it if I need more help so its not confusing in this thread...

#209 5 years ago

Viperwk...are talkingbout ic14 on Cpu?... also we added a Replacement WMS system 6 eprom adapter board w/single eprom from planetary pinball to Cpu...dan

#210 5 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, I didn't read all 5 pages, but did you check that the correct lamps were installed in your flashers? None of my Sorcerer flashers worked but I found that they all had #89's installed instead of the #63's that they are supposed to be.
For sound, have you tried simply reseating the sound ROM?

#211 5 years ago

Ok..to end the thread within the thread... time warp is back up and running. This was only game I got that worked when it made it to my house. Recapped power supply.. 40 pin female replaced... mosfets and jumpers added to driver board... game still came up in audit mode.. changed batteries and now 100% good... this is my third battery change in 5 months... is this a sign of another problem?... dan

#212 5 years ago

Also swaggs I bought that speaker for fire power.. haven't even looked at firepower though...dan

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

changed batteries and now 100% good... this is my third battery change in 5 months... is this a sign of another problem?... dan

Is your diode missing/bad/backwards that protects the battery pack from being charged?

2 months later
#214 5 years ago

So I finally installed that speaker for firepower and I could finally really hear the sounds. Only problem is several switches when hit made a sound and then sound for a tilt. Very annoying but didn't end the game. Mapped out all switches. Nothing funky in switch mode. Couldn't figure out for life of me. Manually set off every switch today and miraculously this stopped. No idea what is did and this will probably bother me even more now...

#215 5 years ago

And vid... Right on cue time warp is coming up in game id showing in P1 display. Batteries probably again. I bought one of those battery eliminator a Few months ago and I was going to put in space shuttle. Might just throw it in here and be done with it forever...never had a chance to check out that diode.

#216 5 years ago

You may find my firepower shoplog on pinballinfo usefull I don't update my one on here because it won't let me update pics. Mine was in a worse shape but with less board hacks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 399.95
$ 22.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 157.00
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside