Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yoshootme
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Comet ticket adjusted contrast.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejg10532626.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago

Come on you cheap bastards that are on the fence on this matter...kick in a few bucks.

Later today, when you go home from work:
    Play your Comet, Jokerz, Cyclone, Grand Lizard, Gorgar, Jungle Lord, Solar Fire, Cosmic Gunfight, Pinbot, Space Shuttle, Space Station, Fire, Bad Cats, Doctor Who, BS Dracula, Jackbot, or even Dirty Harry...think of how lucky you are to own a fun Williams pin,
    and how it would suck to not own it,
    and suck even worse to be faced with a serious illness,
    and really really blow to be hurting for cash - on top of all that.
    and ultimately, slap you right in the damn face if you're spouse was facing serious health issues as well.

Puts things in perspective fast--

Have a nice day-

#55 10 years ago

Support is not a fair word, as nobody asked to flip the cost of all his bills. I prefer to think of it as help.
    I think 40 K is not unreasonable in the end...as his future could produce larger, unknown costs. And, how much can he work while helping his wife survive also?
    I just felt for the guy - because my insurance just went to 80/20 after having 100% coverage my whole life.

We're not supporting 100% - we're just helping.
    His costs will be unknown in the end, but it all helps.

Least I could do was my thinking...made a small donation after the goal was reached.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Maybe we haver a different point of view regarding the meaning of "support" and "help".
    What does count ist that we do something to help someone we "know" making his hard life a litlle bit easier.

Could not agree more...well said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejg10532626.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-barry-oursler?tu=ejg10532626 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.