Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yoshootme
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Comet ticket adjusted contrast.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Done. Thanks for letting us know.

#21 10 years ago

Barry, if you read this, you should know that Comet was my first pin and probably the one I have been most excited to get. The reason? I grew up in Illinois and went to Riverview Park each summer. I remember riding the Comet on my birthday. It was the first time I had been on a real roller coaster, and I will always remember it fondly. So, I was delighted to learn that Williams had been located close to Riverview and that Comet was based on my favorite coaster. I smile every time I think back to those days, which I hadn't done in years before seeing that pin. Thanks!

Comet ticket adjusted contrast.jpgComet ticket adjusted contrast.jpg

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

$20K achieved congratulations everyone!!!!

From the sound of it, they are going to need a lot more than $20k, so I hope the donations keep coming.

#58 10 years ago

We are organizing a fund-raising get together of Pinsiders from our area at our place for February 22nd. Details to be announced. Please keep that evening free if you think you'll be able to attend.

#61 10 years ago

Also, Gofundme provides the fund drive with organization, visibility and (to some extent) credibility. I'd love it if they didn't take a percentage for themselves, but that's the tradeoff. I know from my experience last year that collecting, processing and acknowledging a couple hundred donations takes a surprising amount of time and energy.

#69 10 years ago

I have been meaning for some time to host a gathering of area pinheads at our house in Durham, North Carolina. The appeal on behalf of Barry Oursler (http://www.gofundme.com/6fgkt0) gave me the idea of using that occasion as a fund raiser for Barry, even as we play his Cyclone (one of ten pins here). This isn't a formal tournament but rather a chance to get to know fellow pinball enthusiasts and play pins for a few hours. (Friendly competition is welcome, of course, but I do ask you to treat the pins with respect.) I propose that everyone attending donate $20 or more at the door, all of which will be passed on a.s.a.p. to the Barry Oursler fund.

We are scheduling the event for 7:00-10:30--come and go as you like--on the evening of Saturday, February 22nd. Non-playing spouses (etc.) are welcome to come and hang out with my non-playing spouse! I will send more specifics, including directions and advice about parking, to all who indicate an interest.

I will need confirmation from those planning to attend, including an email address so that I can contact you if we are forced to change plans due to bad weather (etc.).

Hopefully, we can have an enjoyable evening together and, in the process, raise some money for one of the great figures in our hobby.

My current pins:

Volley
    High Speed
    Cyclone
    White Water
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek LE (Stern - should be arriving next week)
    Indiana Jones (Williams)
    Lord of the Rings
    Wizard of Oz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-barry-oursler?tu=craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.