• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by SPeD66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_2922.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quadzilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. After 45 years on this planet, I finally bought my first pinball machine (I played them religiously as a kid).

The machine is a 1987 Williams Big Guns. She's in excellent cosmetic condition and was recently shopped by the owner. A few days after I got her, a couple of minor problems presented themselves:

1 - The drop three targets in the upper playfield on the right (trolls) are down and won't come back up.

2 - When I first turn the machine on, I get three error messages in a row:

Adjust Switch
41 Left BB
42 Left BB
43 Center BB

Included with the machine was the manual and a schematic. I'm OK with a soldering iron (not great, but can get the job done). I don't currently have a digital multimeter, but plan on getting one this week.

Any help would greatly appreciated!!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I believe that problem #1 and #2 are unrelated as problem #2 started some days before problem #1.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the help guys! Again, this is my first pin (the start of an addiction?!?!?!)!

#7 11 years ago

OH, I forgot to mention that I believe that problem #1 and #2 are unrelated as problem #2 started some days before problem #1.

#9 11 years ago

I think that you are correct, Examiner. I was going off of memory and I believe the message does say "switch" vs "sensor"! I'll manipulate them (lightly) this evening to see if that helps. Thanks so much!

#13 11 years ago

JoshMX - I just bought it in a town called Beaver Springs, PA (north of Harrisburg). Are you one of the owners? The guy I bought it from said that he has a partner or two that all own a handful of machines. He had some really cool machines at his place like T2, Cyclone, Space Station etc...

#15 11 years ago

Update:

Issue #1 resolved. Turned out that a wire had popped itself off of the coil (cold solder joint).

Issue #2 still persists. I tried manipulating and adjusting the switches (the out facing wire) and checked the connections. Logically it must be something more as one whole side of the unit went out all at once (3 of the 5 switches) suggestions? Thanks again!

#17 11 years ago

Wow, thanks for taking the pic and making the video!

Still trying to track down the gremlins with issue number 2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quadzilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-2-problems-newbie-owner-williams-system-11?tu=quadzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.