Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04 (resized).png
02 (resized).png
03 (resized).png
01 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Your Bonus Unit is not going to the full reset position. Or, at least the circuitry is not detecting this. So many possibilities.

Standard electrical and electro-mechanical troubleshooting techniques apply.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinballer:

I may be missing something here. I thought that my BONUS UNIT steps up and steps down, It doesn't reset all at once. Is that correct? When you say "the full reset position", should it be stepping down several times to get there or all at once? I do see the switches changing state when it gets to the reset position (when the plastic post moves the switches).

The OUTHOLE relay does nothing at all at any point.

I thought that my BONUS UNIT steps up and steps down, It doesn't reset all at once. Is that correct?
That is correct.

When you say "the full reset position", should it be stepping down several times to get there or all at once?
Yes, it should be stepping down via several individual steps of the (usually smaller) reset solenoid.

I do see the switches changing state when it gets to the reset position (when the plastic post moves the switches)
With power off, press the solenoid plunger of the reset bonus solenoid to get the unit to the "Reset" position. Can you physically move the wiper assembly any "farther" in the "reset" direction? If so, you likely have a physical bind or gummed up parts in the bonus unit.
The rivets and fingers should be mated perfectly and not "off center". The bakelite rivet plate is adjustable. But, as you said, the reset limit switch(es) must be properly adjusted and working. After verifying this, which is one of the most wear-prone moving parts on this machine (after all of the score reels on the game) it is time to get the schematic diagram and follow it to find your problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-have-pity-for-a-newbie?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.