(Topic ID: 71500)

Please explain to me why ACDC is a great game..

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smassa
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20131127_221024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Newsom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it? Again, subjective...I don't think it's as interesting or fun as Joe's other games. Upper flipper shot is bad - needs a ramp...the whole game needs more ramps. Upper left castle toy seems like it was meant to be something else. The door/saucer thing is boring. Too many stand up ding ding ding targets. I love TSPP - theoretically I should love WOZ, right? Nothing in WOZ feels satisfying like in TSPP. Back to AC/DC - you have something interesting like the TNT drops revealing a standup target.

The most important interactive part of WOZ is much more satisfying than on TSPP - the flippers.
And why does the game need more ramps? There are already plenty of rampfest games.
And what do you think the UL toy was meant to be?
TSPP is great, but almost entirely because of the rules. With rehashed rules it would be just an average (at best)game. Like TSPP, WOZ has interesting rules.
This is also why AC/DC is great. Without the LFS rules, the game would not be beloved by players. A flowy game with fun shots does not equal a good game. For example NF - flowy, fun jump ramp, but terrible rules.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not saying WOZ needs more ramps for the sake of ramps - but there's an upper flipper (on the lower playfield) that doesn't have a satisfying shot. TSPP's upper flipper gives you the Quik-E-Mart loop, Treehouse ramp, Comic Book Guy, or the pops area. Other upper-flipper games like Tron, Elvis, Gofers, Congo, Getaway, etc - they all have some loop or lock or ramp to hit.
As for the UL castle - doesn't it seem like it was meant for the Monkey to lock balls in the castle? - then you'd bash the doors to release them all for MB?

If you don't find the three skill shots with the middle right flipper satisfying, or hitting the "R" target off of the witch with that flipper, then alright, the shots are not to your liking.
Upper flipper loop shots like TS, BK2K, Getaway, Congo, Whirlwind, JD have been done to death. And some of them (like the shadow loop) would be very hard to improve on.
And there are tons of games with upper flipper ramp shots. It has been done so many times.

I have no problem with the castle playfield. The ball gets captured, then you play that playfield to rescue it. Why should the castle hold a bunch of balls? Dorothy gets captured, then you rescue her.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Newsom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-explain-to-me-why-acdc-is-a-great-game?tu=Newsom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.