8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

449091-is.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

OK.. I have a Twilight Zone pinball machine so this may seem selfish but I really can't see any good reason for anyone to remake this game. It's in the Hall of Fame with itself.

Retire it's number before it becomes like another classic (now common) game called Medieval Madness. That's right I said it !!

#2 8 years ago

why does it matter? if they remake it, it will cost more than most used TZs sell for anyway...

#3 8 years ago

I don't agree. What does a tz sell for in Fl?

#4 8 years ago

remake it update it put it in as many locations as possible so new generations have the chance to play not just old guys in a basement.

#5 8 years ago

Any good games are fair game for remakes, IMHO.

#6 8 years ago

Nice brand new fresh game is a great reason to remake a classic. How will others owning it affect your fun? As for Medieval Madness, I don't consider it common with such an expensive price for its remake. Your investment is safe.

#7 8 years ago

there are bigger things in life to worry about

#8 8 years ago

I heard they were going to but because you said please, they won't now.

#9 8 years ago

They made a shit ton of tz I doubt it's on any short list to be remade.
One pin wonder just got in the hobby and wants to guard his "investment".. Some advice: if your plan is to make money in this hobby by flipping games, you're better off flipping cars..

#10 8 years ago

Maybe, but it doesn't matter anyway. The license was rumored to be too costly to pursue, and the bom to build one nowadays would be in the stratosphere.

#11 8 years ago

They can't even remake and deliver all MMr's in a 2 year span... I wouldn't worry about a TZ or any other remake at this point.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

and the bom to build one nowadays would be in the stratosphere.

Finished a high end not too long ago. You got that right.

#13 8 years ago

Did I miss something? Who said TZ was being remade or are we just stirring the pot? TZ remake would likely be too costly anyways, not financially realistic.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Did I miss something? Who said TZ was being remade or are we just stirring the pot? TZ remake would likely be too costly anyways, not financially realistic.

Just stirring the pot - I think.

Anyway, I don't see this being one of the feasible remakes due to licensing. It's like Monster Bash or Scared Stiff from that perspective.

#15 8 years ago

TZ remade would be well over 10k if remade. TZ is one of the most complicated games with a huge amount of expensive unique mechs to itself. Not possible for it to be remade really. This question has been asked before. Do a google search.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

TZ remade would be well over 10k if remade.

Yeah, it would probably be $15,000 at todays "LE" prices with it's huge bill of materials.

#17 8 years ago

This reads to me as "please don't remake as I think it will reduce the value of mine"

#18 8 years ago

You won't believe the number of MM owners who constantly bash MMR because it affects the value of their precious games.

#19 8 years ago

You should have invested in a hardbody. No worries about that one being remade and it is impossible for its price to drop any lower.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You won't believe the number of MM owners who constantly bash MMR because it affects the value of their precious games.

And the number of MMr owners who constantly remind owners of the original of this... goes both ways.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, it would probably be $15,000 at todays "LE" prices with it's huge bill of materials.

Yeah, but a $7000 Pro would be affordable, if you don't mind playing without optional extras like the Powerfield, the gumball machine and the upper flippers.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks for proving my point Indypin!

#23 8 years ago

Please don't remake any of my games. It may not affect how they play or how much fun I have on them, but it will do something to them. I'm not sure how and I'm not sure what though.

#24 8 years ago

Dont hate ya Crash, just don't get why pinheads bash other pinheads because we happened to spend the money on original MMs back in the day. I didn't buy it as an investment, I bought it because it looked like a fun pin to play. To this day, I never regretted spending the money on it. But after MMR was announced, a lot of pinheads went around, waving their hands back and forth saying "ha ha"' you guys lost your money!!! IMO, I didn't lose nothing because the money I spent on my original MM is the same money new owners of MMR is spending now. Haters going to hate I guess.

Well, gotta go. Going to bash some BIBLE owners because I got an ACDC premium for a lot less money with the same features. Same principle, right?

#25 8 years ago

By making this post.. I wasn't trying to "stir the pot" but when did society go in the toilet when you were to "feel guilty" if you even thought about making a $? Yes... my TZ would lose some of it's value & rarity if there was to be a remake.

#26 8 years ago

Oh wait, I better not do that because the pro owners will then bash me. Man, this cycle may never end!

#27 8 years ago

TZ would be a really stupid game to remake. It did poor on route back in the day and that is unlikely to change. Many parts in the game and would take lots of effort to remake which means added cost. The market for and 8000 TZr is pretty limited, esp since you can still find very nice originals for 5000 or under.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Scout:

By making this post.. I wasn't trying to "stir the pot"

Then what were you trying to do?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Scout:

Yes... my TZ would lose some of it's value & rarity if there was to be a remake.

TZ is not rare by any stretch of the imagination.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Scout:

my TZ would lose some of it's value & rarity

15,235 produced, well rarity is already out the window when you purchased it.

#31 8 years ago

IMHO, as a TZ owner, I would welcome it. I couldn't care less about my game's 'worth' or 'value' or 'rarity'. (My game's already somewhat 'rare', being an early sample.. But to me, it's *my* game.. I wouldn't care if they reproduced TZ with the artwork differences..)

Basically, means new supplies of parts..!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

You should have invested in a Hardbody. No worries about that one being remade and it is impossible for its price to drop any lower.

The only people that knock Hardbody are the people that have not played it. I just traded my TZ away, Hardbody is still here. Being hard.

#33 8 years ago

Why does it matter? Cost? Exclusiveness? TZ is not rare or that expensive. Why even waste a minute worrying about it. If it does happen, it will be a long, long time from now.

#34 8 years ago

As a new person in this hobby, this is the wrong way to start out if you want it to be enjoyable moving forward. Just buy the games you want and can afford, play them, fix them, mod them, enjoy them. When the day comes that you want to sell it, it will sell for what the market bears. If they remade it and its less then you purchased it for, so be it. Just think of all the time you enjoyed that pin and that's what you received for your investment. As others have stated, TZ is not one to worry about a remake of anyway.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

As a new person in this hobby, this is the wrong way to start out if you want it to be enjoyable moving forward. Just buy the games you want and can afford, play them, fix them, mod them, enjoy them. When the day comes that you want to sell it, it will sell for what the market bears. If they remade it and its less then you purchased it for, so be it. Just think of all the time you enjoyed that pin and that's what you received for your investment. As others have stated, TZ is not one to worry about a remake of anyway.

Well said.

#36 8 years ago

I do not buy a machine and worry about the future. I buy a machine that I want to get, and play at the moment. I would also like my family and friends to get some enjoyment from them as well. If I machine that I bought decreases in value for whatever reason, it does not take away the countless hours of enjoyment that I get by working on, and playing my games.

#37 8 years ago

I'm excited for the T2r...... ............Joey

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Reading this post made me realize how I came across in my post. I really didn't mean it to be in the harsh tone as it reads like.

#39 8 years ago

Rick says there are plans for 10 other games. I doubt any of the wide bodies are on the list. I think the odds of TZ getting reproduced any time in the next 10 years or so is about as close to zero as you can get.

#40 8 years ago

Part of me would like to see TZ get remade and be a success to open up a new generation of players to the innovation and gameplay that the original offered. Perhaps it would spur more original ideas from the current generation of offerings.

Part of me thinks that the same mistake that Pat made with TZ originally (high cost and complexity in spite of the innovation) would have the same negative consequences it did upon the original release - costs went up and reliability when down and accelerated pins demise on route.

Part of me want's all the above to happen... some people just want to watch the world burn.

*I'm going home tonight and hugging my TZ. I buy games to play them and not resell or make a profit.

#41 8 years ago

So fresh into the hobby and already worried about your "investment".

#42 8 years ago

JJP is already sort of remaking TZ.

What's with remake fever? We've had Stern re-run one game (same game twice now) and MMR is taking forever. Remakes and VEs aren't shaking the roots of the world but they're the most discussed non-existent games.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Part of me would like to see TZ get remade and be a success to open up a new generation of players to the innovation and gameplay that the original offered. Perhaps it would spur more original ideas from the current generation of offerings.
Part of me thinks that the same mistake that Pat made with TZ originally (high cost and complexity in spite of the innovation) would have the same negative consequences it did upon the original release - costs went up and reliability when down and accelerated pins demise on route.
Part of me want's all the above to happen... some people just want to watch the world burn.
*I'm going home tonight and hugging my TZ. I buy games to play them and not resell or make a profit.

Maybe they should let Stern design a "Pro" model of it and strip away all the high cost devices and replace them with an expanded rule set?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The only people that knock Hardbody are the people that have not played it. I just traded my TZ away, Hardbody is still here. Being hard.

You tell them Taygeta, Hardbody is going nowhere!

#45 8 years ago

God I wish my girlfriend would let me get Hardbody. There's a super nice one for $700 that's been for sale for weeks in GA if it hasn't sold. I can understand why WCS's theme holds it down in the B-list in terms of pricing, but Hardbody's theme is awesome and it's practically in the EM range of prices.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

God I wish my girlfriend would let me get Hardbody. There's a super nice one for $700 that's been for sale for weeks in GA if it hasn't sold. I can understand why WCS's theme holds it down in the B-list in terms of pricing, but Hardbody's theme is awesome and it's practically in the EM range of prices.

Maybe you can sell her on it if you make an alternate translite with only male lifters.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Dont hate ya Crash, just don't get why pinheads bash other pinheads because we happened to spend the money on original MMs back in the day. I didn't buy it as an investment, I bought it because it looked like a fun pin to play. To this day, I never regretted spending the money on it. But after MMR was announced, a lot of pinheads went around, waving their hands back and forth saying "ha ha"' you guys lost your money!!! IMO, I didn't lose nothing because the money I spent on my original MM is the same money new owners of MMR is spending now. Haters going to hate I guess.
Well, gotta go. Going to bash some BIBLE owners because I got an ACDC premium for a lot less money with the same features. Same principle, right?

The only losers in this hobby are guys going into it for the sole purpose of making money off of it and not for the love of the game. And I agree that there has been a lot of MMR/MM bashing that has gone both ways (Oh god did I actually agree with Teekee?) and hopefully that shit stops.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And pink...and moaning.

Still on the lookout for a $500 Hardbody since its apparently so terrible.

#49 8 years ago

Remake them all for all I care.....I just like to play.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Maybe they should let Stern design a "Pro" model of it and strip away all the high cost devices and replace them with an expanded rule set?

Slap some TZ bitmapped Photoshop graphics on unsold WWEs and call it a day.

I do agree with sentiment that JJP's products are the siblings of the TZ legacy. Stern's games are also.

JJP takes the spirit of what Pat's team did with TZ and has expanded on the concept of "what if" and is pushing what a pin can potentially be.

Stern takes the lessons learned from the excess of what TZ became and has figured a way to make pinball feasible in 2015.

Both come from the same TZ fork in the industry.

There's nothing wrong in either concept. It all comes down to execution and price point. Argument and debate can be made on how successfully the concepts of both come to fruition and the value contained in either approach.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 132.00
$ 79.50
$ 22.50
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 14.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-dont-remake-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.