Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by agodfrey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

OK.. I recently sold a Popeye pinball machine so this may seem selfish but I can see tons of reasons why someone would remake it but I will just figuratively KILL myself if someone does remake it.

Retire it's number (whatever this means) before it becomes like another iconic Bally/Williams DMD game, ItWhich Shall Not Be Named. This is a totally feasible thing now (even if they haven't gotten that "other game" all out the door yet.)

#3 4 years ago

Actually we are waiting to see if it is a PopeyeVE coming direct from Stern or if Rick got the license for PPS. The PopeyeR would have 4 times the resolution on the graphics.

So depending on your position . . .

Can you put a poll on this thread?

1) PopeyeVE for the non LED purists
2) PopeyeR for the MOD crew

#4 4 years ago

I need some of the spinach you're smokin'

#5 4 years ago

PPR by PPS does not sound too farfetched.

#7 4 years ago

Popeye is easily worth 15 grand NIB

#8 4 years ago

Just bought a Popeye. Now you are telling me the value is going to plummet?

#9 4 years ago

Nope. 20 by X-mas

Make sure you get the ColorDMD. I know the guy who colored it and he did a great job. Of all the Popeye MODs this is the best. I dare you to name a better one. (positive comments only please)

#10 4 years ago

Popeye is a fun game.. are there many mods that people are adding to the playfield?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Scout:

Ok... 1st person who can tell me what my dogs name is can trade there Popeyes for my dirty underwear.

Something tells me "scout" never played the game enough and just listens to the Lemmings. Owns a game, must know a lot.

#12 4 years ago

I yam what I yam and I have made mistakes in my life. I forgive Bluto because he made it right.

#13 4 years ago

I am in for Popeye VE LE #23!!!

#14 4 years ago

I promised I'd never preorder again, but...

#15 4 years ago

Why in the world would they remake Popeye? Oyyy, I did not like it at all.

#16 4 years ago

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a remake delivered in three years.

#17 4 years ago

It's not worth a thing if it doesn't have voice clips of JACK MERCER's Popeye voice.

#18 4 years ago

Popeye VE will likely ship before The Hobbit at this pace

#19 4 years ago

Im already making a terrible alterante sexy Olive oil tranlite. This is what I got so far.

#20 4 years ago

The NIB one at Marco is not showing anymore. Must of sold so there is defiantly a market.

#21 4 years ago

Double the value of your Popeye by putting in a ColorDMD.

#22 4 years ago

You people know that Popeye is a top 10 machine,give this pin the credit its own(sarcasm).Please sink this ship.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from legotech1:

there is defiantly a market.

I read it sold and he wasn't too defiant. But he said there was major cleaning to be done.

#24 4 years ago

How much is a Popeye Remake prototype worth?

#25 4 years ago

I hear it rethemed with movie....

image.jpg

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Just bought a Popeye. Now you are telling me the value is going to plummet?

Marco had a NIB Popeye recently!

It's actually a pretty decent game, I'd own another if things fell into place.

#27 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to playing it at the PBL open house in a few weeks to judge for myself how bad it is or if it is in fact bad so I know the next time one comes up for sale.

#28 4 years ago

I played the recently un boxed popeye, it lives in Jacksonville now....a lot of sticky switches and slingshots, some dried out rubber, it needs a little shop job! But the cabinet colors are awesome, it looks like it was supposed to be headed to japan, there is a sticker on the front of the cabinet with some Japanese writing on it. Marco had previously opened to remove the batteries. I also did not know that popeye shipped with black legs, they look a little out of place on it.

#29 4 years ago

JJP will have to do it, it's a wide body with tons of features!
Delivery by Xmas 2022!

#30 4 years ago

Original game is great sure the next one will be too!

#31 4 years ago

I'm sure it would sell better than Wrestlemania...

#32 4 years ago

I lllllloooovvvvveeee my Popeye!!!! So....where the hell is all this coming from? Did I miss something? And I mean...what a weird choice?!

So Colin you're joking right? Point me somewhere.

Don't devalue my Popeye!! Love it!

#33 4 years ago

Figured it out.. You are smoking crack..

Quoted from Collin:

OK.. I recently sold a Popeye pinball machine so this may seem selfish but I can see tons of reasons why someone would remake it but I will just figuratively KILL myself if someone does remake it.
Retire it's number (whatever this means) before it becomes like another iconic Bally/Williams DMD game, ItWhich Shall Not Be Named. This is a totally feasible thing now (even if they haven't gotten that "other game" all out the door yet.)

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I lllllloooovvvvveeee my Popeye!!!! So....where the hell is all this coming from? Did I miss something? And I mean...what a weird choice?!
So Colin you're joking right? Point me somewhere.
Don't devalue my Popeye!! Love it!

There was a pretty daft thread titled "Please don't remake Twilight Zone" recently, and I was just poking fun. And smoking crack.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

There was a pretty daft thread titled "Please don't remake Twilight Zone" recently, and I was just poking fun. And smoking crack.

I like crack, save me some

#36 4 years ago

The only crack I like is butt crack

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a remake delivered in three years.

#38 4 years ago

True story: Popeye both out earned and outsold Cactus Canyon and even with CC's small run distributors were still stuck with them.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I like crack, save me some

I'll bring some to Expo to share!

#40 4 years ago

The LE will have an upper upper deck that will obstruct the view of the upper deck.

#41 4 years ago

Stoopid Azz Thread, Totally Mad Trollz, No POOPeye shall ever be remaded!

#42 4 years ago

Poop deck

#43 4 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhh shiz....blow me down...I.got me a crack pipe!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside