(Topic ID: 328203)

Please don't tell me you are enjoying the new Willow show!!

By JakeFAttie

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Willow, the show is.”

• So cool and fun! 5 votes
    16%
  • haven't watched it. 17 votes
    53%
  • the worst. 10 votes
    31%

(32 votes)

#1 1 year ago

C'mon, it's so bad! embarrassing. And I love the original. But this just seems like the worst of "Lucas-ism" Right?

#2 1 year ago

I'm enjoying it.

Haha you liked the original? What a piece of shit.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm enjoying it.

I haven’t seen either, but this post struck me as hilarious.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm enjoying it.

No, Val Kilmer was great if nothing else. One of his funnest roles, IMHO. The movie was a blatant Tolkien rip-off, and cheesy as fuck, but even within those parameters had many great moments.

#5 1 year ago

When you’re a young kid and don’t have a lot of perspective some shit just seems better than it really is.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

When you’re a young kid and don’t have a lot of perspective some shit just seems better than it really is.

true that but I actually rewatched it (with my family who'd never seen it) in preparation for the new show and I probably enjoyed the original more as an adult than as a kid (when I think I thought it was kind of weak). Maybe expectation but also some nostalgia for those big budget lame-o 80's movies that seem innocent and cheesy but somehow still fun by today's standards.

#7 1 year ago

If it's really bad, then I'll probably watch it.

What's left for Disney to plunder... I wonder.

#8 1 year ago

It’s great fun. So happy for Warwick Davis.

#9 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the original as a kid.
Started watching the new series and I don't think I got 10 minutes in. Not for me.

#11 1 year ago

I've been enjoying it.

It's fun, there's some adventure, it's a little cheesy, it's a little silly, and doesn't take things too seriously.

It's been so long since I saw the movie, I went back and watched that first before starting the series.

Some of the special/digital effects were brand new and ground breaking at the time. Things sure have come a long way since then.

#12 1 year ago

Finally caught up to ep6; last few have ramped it up; good shit

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-don-t-tell-me-you-are-enjoying-the-new-willow-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.