image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
800px-WPCPowerBoxInside.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi guys,I have a nice DM pin,it doesn't work.When you power up it just some Gi lights goes on,no more.No insert lights or display,not sound just the one when you turn on.
Please guys,bring me your help

#2 8 years ago

Just the one Dong, after a 2-3 second pause immediatly after power up? If yes, that means your sound board is ok. That's it for the noise, no screen , just black?

#3 8 years ago

Was it working when you got it?

#4 8 years ago

Have you taken back glass off yet? How long have you had it?

#5 8 years ago

Check the led's on the cpu when you power it on and see what they're doing.

#6 8 years ago

Hello guys this is a perfect playfield machine that I bought as is,(was a steal price)it was in a storage some years perfect playfield.
Update: Woo make it on,inserts dmd(amazing bright,I think is new), did a semi-Play.Trigers works
The bad
Some switches not registers(I'll check tomorrow and some selenoids like the one in the hole at the left and the one under ramp(in search mode this ones worked)
Selenoid in the lane to feed the balls to the shooter is shooting all times,bringing all the balls to the shooter
There is credit dot to claw issues(some miss alignment message)
That is what I found in an hour working with my new pin.
I want to put this baby like new,so guys please bring me your helping hand
Thanks
Robert

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Check your LED's on your power driver board as terryb said. I would try reseating all you plugs.

#8 8 years ago

Reseat all the connectors on power board. Check all your fuses , including the one in power box. Reset your ribbon cables. Do all of this with power off of course.

#9 8 years ago

The one in the power box?
Thanks

#10 8 years ago

Hi guys,Gi,inserts and flashers working
Slingshots and pop bumpers won't during gameplay,but they shoot in search
Claw don't work,in test,it credit misaligned
What can I do now ?
Robert

#11 8 years ago

Robert.The power box under playfield the power cord goes into, then comes out of box to your transformer. But, you have power so it is working, but probably old and could use replacing. I personally reccomend replacing all fuses when you buy a new pin, or trying to bring one back to life. Now that same power box has to others safety's inside it, a Thermistor, and a veristor, these controll power flow and help cold machines equal out the power before going to transformer. They also control heat, when a machine is on for several hours they prevent overheating of transformer, once again controlling equal flow of power. This is an abriged explanation without getting to technical. So, take a nut driver, machine unplugged from wall( if there is a service plug on this box, it's always HOT, Live) This power box will be on right side of cabinet mounted with 6 to 8 small nut screws. Now once it's removed off the wall of cabunet you will look inside, the veristor and thermistor should look intact, no charing, if they look charred, or burnt, or don't have insulation on them, they could be original and ned replacing. I have swapped these out on 6-7 machines, and many gremlins vanished once clean power flow was reastablished. Will add picture. This is were you should start. Then will talk about that CPU board. We need to know what the 3 led lights are doing on it. Do you have a manual yet?800px-WPCPowerBoxInside.jpg800px-WPCPowerBoxInside.jpg
The Thermistor in this picture is original factory, designed for 10 years of life. Your machine is 1994. The green one, veristor may also be red insulation, you never know till you look, in this picture you see back side of fuse holder. It's connections should also be tight, attached cleanly, not barely holding on. How are your soldering skills? You will need to learn. Check you tube for many instructional videos on soldering and de-soldering.

#12 8 years ago

I also talked about ribbon cables yesterday. Those are the grey wide ones going from big power board to cpu, to flipper board, to audio board, then to display board, then there's a ribbon cable going to dmd screen. These are easy to not get on correctly, missing two posts on either side, go slowly and remove these one by one, putting them back on tight and flush to board as far as you can push them on. Be careful, they can be tight to get off, tight going back on, and easy to bend those little pins. Something is up with one of your boards, I suspect the cpu, but could be power board.

Much like fixing a car, you need to be forward with more information. How long have you had this, how long did it sit, was there a lot of moisture where it was stored? Need more backgound info for this detective case. I have fixed about 50 machines, your close, but there is work ahead.

#13 8 years ago

You should remove the head box translite, or artwork, store in safe place. Open that back box, and send a picture full frame. If I could see that big board, you will see it too, the big one is the power board. Send full frame of that one to, I want to see your connections on it.

#14 8 years ago

Is this your first pinball machine?, it's ok if it is. Welcome to Pinball!

#15 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, not my first pin but the firs one with deep problems(but not working yesterday)I know how to test things solder an a basic electronic knowing.Alredy went for removing and resetting ribbon cables,fuses are ok,switches don't register I will shoot some boards pics,maybe you can see something,I gonna learn with this.
Thanks

#16 8 years ago

I see now, you have an Addams and a Twilight zone too, good news, there similar.

#17 8 years ago

Yes,I have an Addams,Tz but working machines just minor work,this one DM was in a storage since 2008,and my first real troubleshooting work
Some pics image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#18 8 years ago

Lets start with this:
starter.jpgstarter.jpg

#19 8 years ago

Thank you very much zaza for taking your time!
Yes a little green in the battery holder but i don't see corrosion on board(at least they took out the batteries previously

Second(and most important)
Yes the plug was incorrect,this correct every problem in the pin,bumpers,slings and every selenoid works

Fuses are corrected
Claw works in test mode

The only credit dot is claw error elevator broken
The buy in button doesn't work
The Gi works some part,because the burn connector.I will be fixing this with a new connector
How to fix the elevator?
Thanks
Robert

#20 8 years ago

Dada beat me to it on a couple of those points.. was it stored with batteries in it for 8 years?

#21 8 years ago

I bought this pin as is,no keys to see the boards or components, that was the deal for the price,I tough minimum it had a bad cpu board because no booting.But at least the people who stored the pin removed the batt previous to storage.

Now the only things to correct is the credit dot from claw error elevator broken
Ramp diverter selenoid is not holding position
Thanks Eric

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

How to fix the elevator?

I'm not very familiar with the elevator but you could try a search like this and search in the results:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=posts&q=claw+error+elevator&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#23 8 years ago

Thank you again!
Claw and elevator working

Next some cleaning
Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 81.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-demolition-man-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.