You

Linked Games

• Gigi Gottlieb, 1963

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Gigi Coin Door Schematic - 2 slots (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi, My Gigi came with no coin door components (only a replay/slam switch). I was able to pickup parts and think I am ready to start coming up with a game plan. With the parts I received with wires (cut or whole) attached, references from other pinsiders and the schematic, I came up with this wiring diagram of how I think it should be... If I could get confirmation that this is good/no good that would be great. (trying to avoid any type of meltdown).

Thanks
Steve

Gigi Coin Door Schematic - 2 slots (resized).jpgGigi Coin Door Schematic - 2 slots (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Well, there was no "meltdown". I installed and tested out the coin door wiring as noted above. I powered up the game, inserted a nickel and the game resets and balls released and game plays. I inserted a quarter and the replay reel adds 5 credits and game resets and balls released and game plays. So it seems to be good. Now, I still need to track down why the replay reel does not subtract credits when it's suppose to. I'll keep looking at the subtract replay unit circuit.

thanks

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

Well, there was no "meltdown". I installed and tested out the coin door wiring as noted above. I powered up the game, inserted a nickel and the game resets and balls released and game plays. I inserted a quarter and the replay reel adds 5 credits and game resets and balls released and game plays. So it seems to be good. Now, I still need to track down why the replay reel does not subtract credits when it's suppose to. I'll keep looking at the subtract replay unit circuit.
thanks

Either credit wheel zero position contact open when its not supposed to be or lead to the decrement coil removed (I just had that on a buckaroo) as a free play hack or dirty contact on start relay... Always good to test a coil with an alligator jumper, touching the non black lead with 24volts and then moving the 24v insertion at different points in the circuit until you isolate the bad/dirty contact.

First thing I'd do is jumper the non plastic zero position contact, its probably dirty/open, its supposed to be closed then opens at zero to stop the decrement. (the plastic/pvc contact on the zero switch is in the 110v start cirt., the cloth wires, is the decrement leads, one side goes directly to the lug of the decrement coil)

#4 5 years ago

Good advice from @pinhead52. Here's the relevant portion of the schematic.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

Thanks @pinhead52, @HowardR

I cleaned the credit wheel zero position and it opens and closes as it should. Also cleaned the other switches on the Replay Reel unit
I was able to jumper the subtract coil and that works
I was thinking it's that "S" switch, so
I cleaned the switch and now the replay unit does not add or subtract credits, also if I insert a quarter nothing happens. does not add credits and does not start a game. If I insert a nickel the game starts and plays
The game will not add credits when SPESHUL rollover is lit or a game over number match or High score is met

#6 5 years ago

Update... I got it back to ADDING credits/replays... I recleaned and readjusted the switch to make a better contact.....

so, back to why it's not subtracting... Im digging..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-confirm-gigi-coin-door-rebuild-2-slots-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.