(Topic ID: 99700)

Please chime in on Strange Science thinking of purchasing one.

By jeff_286

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by brad808
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I like the theme and the quirkiness of it,but i have not played one.
Thanks Jeff

#2 9 years ago

Not worth the buy. While the shots are fun the game is severely unbalanced by the 5-ball multiball with 12x playfield scoring.

#3 9 years ago

I had one for a while. Sold it to a friend a few months back. I was over playing it last night so my mind is fresh on it. It definitely has a lot of cool things going for it. Cool skill shot, cool manual kickback, the ability to hit balls from the bottom of the atom smasher and start an instant mini multiball. That being said the game is heavily weighted scoring wise on the atom smasher multiball. It trumps everything by a long shot. The problem with that is it's a carryover feature that leaves the balls in the smasher until you power the game down. So basically you can start a new game shoot one ball into the atom smasher and if there are already 4 in there from the previous game it'll start the highest scoring mode in the game. I would say because of the scoring system it doesn't make a great multiplayer game. Your guest comes over plays a seemingly long ball/game, you make one shot into the atom smasher and crush his score. I told my friend last night we should try and come up with a way to drain the balls inbetween games. It's a fun single player game though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-chime-in-on-strange-science-thinking-of-purchasing-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.