You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

miget glass2back (resized).png
new midget glass (resized).png
original midgetglass (resized).png
midget1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Please fellow pinsiders,
Can someone or someone you know please provide me with good close up pics of the back side of the back glass on a 1946 Bally "Midget Racer"?
I can only find one small pic of the back side of one on the ipdb.org web site, but it is too small to make out detail of the several silhouette images on the back that do not appear on the front until light illuminates them.
I am having my back glass restored/reproduced by Bgresto and my original back glass I sent him is missing most of the paint on the race track where the silhouette images once were.
He has the art work on the front finished but he doesn't wants to proceed with the project until he has the proper silhouette images to put on the back. (I like the fact that he wants to make sure the back glass is as close to original as possible)
If anyone could please help out another fellow pinsider it would be GREATLY APPRICIATE!
Thank you, Jon

Below is a pic of what one looks like in the front,
if only I could get some good pics of the back

midget1 (resized).jpgmidget1 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Bump

#3 7 years ago

Come on! Somebody has to have a nice Midget Racer?

#4 7 years ago

Anyone????

#6 7 years ago

I done that. I was able to contact a guy who has some Midget racer pics on ipdb. he messaged me back telling me he had a very nice Midget Racer with a near perfect back glass. I messaged him back explaining to him what I needed and how important it was to me. I even ask him what it would take for him to send me pics of his back glass. I have never heard anything back from him.
He just let me know he had a very nice one. that's it

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can try this guy on pinball owners website. It shows he's the only one on that site that has one.
http://www.pinballowners.com/dirkakron#51133

Thanks o-din, I will give him a try. it's saying it is in storage and waiting for restoration.
His might still have a good enough back glass on it for Steve at Bgresto to work with.
When I do find someone who can help, one good thing about it for others that need one is they will be able to get one at a more reasonable price than it's costing me because of the initial art work involved in doing it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can try this guy on pinball owners website. It shows he's the only one on that site that has one.
http://www.pinballowners.com/dirkakron#51133

Opps! actually that's the same guy I had already contacted through another source, that replied back with how nice of a back glass he has.

I messaged him again not realizing it was who I have already contacted.
Maybe he will get tired of me bugging him and give in. lol

.....then again, his is for sale and says it needs restored. maybe he got his Midget racer confused with another machine he has?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

IPBD shows Rafael has one too. Maybe he will take the time to help you out.

I have contacted him via pm. waiting on reply.
thanks

#13 7 years ago

I'm not giving up on this!
This must be a really rare machine is all I got to say....there is not even one video on YouTube about this machine.
I'll be uploading one when I get my backglass back.

#15 7 years ago

TTT

#16 7 years ago

HELLO?

#17 7 years ago

May need to rename this one "The Mystery Machine".
Looks like I may be waiting awhile to get my new backglass back.

#18 7 years ago

Still needing picture! Anybody?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

you do realize the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...
frankly this is not the forum to look for this glass. it's like going to a new car dealership and asking for a part for a 1927 model T ford....

Hey buddy, you might want to go back to sleep and get some more rest.....I am looking for a pinball part and THIS IS A PINBALL FORUM!
You are the insane one to think you can convince me that Pinside is not one of the best places for me to search what I am looking for here.
PERIOD!! .....and don't think I will reply back to whatever BS you got to say back.
Next time you come across the thread topic, just move on past so it doesn't ruin your day.

#22 7 years ago

Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving!

#23 7 years ago

Heck yeah! I just opened a wonderful email this morning from Raphael Lanker (Paris Pinball Museum).
....Now I am just waiting to hear back from his "side-kick" Bruno.

Thanks for the lead Odin!

#24 7 years ago

Thank You Paris Pinball Museum!! You guys Rock!!!
.........Pretty soon, new reproduction backglasses for your Bally Midget Racer will be available.

1 week later
#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Jms1229:

I have one in my room-given to me by my Grandfather- shamefully it has been unattended to in years. If I can move it - the back glass is a bit faded- but I will take some high quality pics with it lit in front as well- you should be able to see everything you need- will do it asap.

Thanks jms1229 but that will not be necessary now. The kind folks at "Paris Pinball Museum" hooked us up with some very nice images of all areas of the glass. If you are ever thinking of redoing your Midget Racer, BGresto Back Glass restorations will soon have one on file and available.
Thanks again, and it's nice knowing someone else actually owns both a Midget Racer and a computer.

1 month later
#27 7 years ago

Well, What do you guys think?

Before and after

original midgetglass (resized).pngoriginal midgetglass (resized).png

new midget glass (resized).pngnew midget glass (resized).png

#29 7 years ago

miget glass2back (resized).pngmiget glass2back (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-1946-bally-midget-racer-back-glass-pics?tu=bronco-jon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.