Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hank_and_iggy.jpg
    HauntedHouse.jpg
    HountedHouseShotCounter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Unfortunately, when the motors failed, it was quite common for an operator to pull one from a warehouse game, never bothering to put the bad one back in the donor game.

It was also used in some Midway Wall games (Hank and Iggy Darts, Mini golf etc.)with the rolling score reels. Not that they are any cheaper than a gun gallery but it will expand the possibilities for finding one.

#9 9 years ago

If its 40-2105 on flippers.com's website, I don't think $250 is totally out of line for this motor. Before Multiproducts stopped selling the old motors, we had to pay $250 each and a minimum order of 10 to get them to build any motor. And that was for a single frame motor, not sure what they would have wanted for a double frame unit. The days of a $75 M/P motor are long gone unless you get very lucky.

Not sure of the OP's budget or game condition but it seems that a number of these Midway games are very desirable and typically sell for north of $1000 when fully working. $250 to help complete a game is not out of line, not even for this cheap bastard doing the typing. I know John's pricing can be high at times but at least he has this old stuff and makes it available to others that a missing that one part to get their game functioning again. Steve at PBR does the same thing but his prices were typically much lower which is why he is not out of stock now on a lot of those kind of items.

If you are willing to sell one for less, I commend you!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Wow, I didn't realize these were getting so hard to find.
    Time for somebody to adapt something from Granger.
    Does anybody know the specs on the motor, RPM, etc?

The problem is that it is a Bi-Directional AC motor with a shaft sticking out both sides. I has one lamination to go CW and a 2nd for CCW. Plus, you have the short but thick shaft lengths and also, as I recall, a double D cut on the shaft ends to mate with those Nylon joints. This one is not so bad. The worst one is the one for Twin Pirate Guns since its different all together and built less robust (more plastic parts).

I suppose if needed, someone could replace the motor with a shaft and toothed pulley and then run a toothed belt to a single shaft motor with a bi-directional winding. The pulley sizing could help to adapt a stock RPM to the required speed. But that would depend on if there is room to mount another motor. Suddenly, even $400 doesn't sound all that bad for plug and play. I can't see someone putting together a motor, belt, pulley and mounting bracket kit for less.

#16 9 years ago

I know it is pretty close quarters but, can't a flex coupling like this be used:

http://www.mpja.com/Shaft-Coupling-Aluminum-1_4in-to-1_4in/productinfo/31190%20HD

10 months later
    #28 8 years ago

In so cal at auction. Complete working with very good cosmetics, I would say in the $1K range.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-midway-score-motor-for-72-haunted-house-gun-game?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.