1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jake35
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hello Pinside,

I was interested in picking up a Capt. Fantastic and found one that is about an 8 hour round trip drive. I live in Michigan and the listing is for Richmond, Ohio on the west side of the state close to the Pennsylvania border. But unfortunately I don't have anyone who can make the trip from Michigan to help load the pin. The seller said she doesn't have anyone to help. It's located on the main floor with one step onto the porch and then three more steps. was hoping to pick it up this weekend.

If anyone lives in that area and willing to help I'd be more than happy to provide a case of beer

Thanks

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I would totally be able to get that out by myself. If you are reasoably fit and have even average strength it's not that hard at all!
    If you break it down, take the head and legs off, you can walk it on the end down that one strep.
    Dolly it over to the three steps on the porch. Lay a blanket down on the porch and lay the game down flat back end towards the steps.
    Stand behind the game at the bottom of the porch steps and pull the game towards you from the bottom of the three steps and slide it slowly down the steps to the landing and then stand it up on it's back end.
    Then you can dolly it right over to the vehicle, and load it up shooter end in first and lift and slide.
    Load the head in separately. Unless you're vehicle gate isn't low enough to hoist it in by yourself that is...
    Picked up most of my games and loaded by myself. Breaking down a game alone is easy also.
    As long as you have a dolly that will fit in with the pin you're good to go!

I've moved a few EM's in my time.

One issue is my vehicle won't fit a dolly and the pin. The second issue is I'm 56 with degenerating bone in C-4 and C-5 in my neck, MRI stated "worn out"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-help-to-load-a-pin-richmond-ohio-area-10-29-22?tu=Garrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.