landlord.jpg
x7.jpg
image.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, I have only seen a picture of it, I guess the bowling pins kind of turned me off.

?!

The official rug is a thing of beauty dude - the pins make the rug! And yes ... (I'll say it before someone else does again) ... the rug makes the room.

3 months later
#126 8 years ago

It's kind of amazing how quiet the TBL threads are now given the contrast of not too long ago.

We all patiently wait for any bits of news (and ultimately our games) and the occasional tumbleweed rolls by.

#137 8 years ago

Good points - thanks.

To DP:

1 week later
#186 8 years ago

Hmmm ... approx. $9,034 and no rug shown, but legs and trim look almost chrome-like.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The only game I see there is the CGI one so what the trim looks like (to me it looks almost black) is irrelevant.

Not if I'm a new buyer spending $9K+. That said, I think you're right in that they've simply used a previous computer generated illustration.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Aaaand one more month until the end of the quarter...

Yes ... SIGH

Onward and upward.

2 weeks later
#229 8 years ago

The latest from DP:

#298 8 years ago

Best to "vote" by letting them know how you feel via a direct communication. Simply abstaining from purchasing any more Kahlua will be akin to pissing in a wetsuit - it'll give you a warm feeling, but no one will notice.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Really? So, they'll probably send you a few coupons, and then you'll be right as rain. That's probably how it would shake out, with the same net result except for the fact they squeezed a few more dollars out of you.

I'm not advocating than you continue to buy their product. I'm simply saying that letting Kahlua know how you feel with an email or letter will have a much greater impact than just boycotting them. Even if every single Pinside member were to silently stop buying Kahlua, it wouldn't register a blip on their overall sales. However, if we all wrote them ...

#304 8 years ago

Yep - and I'll go back to the wetsuit analogy.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I get warm and fuzzy Everytime I have a few caucasians.

Me too. And I'm looking forward to enjoying a few while playing my TBL!

#316 8 years ago

Unlikely. I don't expect to see mine (#59) until 2016 at this point.

One can always hope though.

1 week later
#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It appears that standard aprons will be on games.

IF correct and not compensated for elsewhere on the game, this sucks pure and simple. Akin to "bait and switch".

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah, i feel guilty about whining about something that has no effect on game play nor will anyone other than me notice.

I don't feel guilty at all. As has been discussed endlessly on other threads, the artwork is very important on a game and the apron that has been represented all along by DP as part of the final game was a key aesthetic element. It was part of what made TBL unique and innovative. It was something new and different. It helped to convey the connection with the movie's theme.

I'm assuming that this will be addressed in DP's presentation at Expo next week, but as has been expressed, it's really disappointing to find out about this as the result of an email sent after someone else noticed a detail in a photo released by DP.

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Omg you guys saying the apron was one of the main reasons you jumped in on the pre order really need a beer. Like Ben said, they have to put instruction cards there as the games will be on location. Have any of you seen the new apron? I'm sure it's really nice. And you will all change your tune. Everyone's just pissed because they showed a working pin a year ago and still nothing. Man by the time some of these pins ship they already feel old. That's bad marketing .

I don't think that anyone has said that the apron was one of the main reasons that they bought a TBL. I certainly didn't. I did say that it was an important element in the game's artwork and was innovative.

#357 8 years ago

Word is that Expo will kick off a renewed TBL marketing push. Perhaps the two games from the production photos will be there with DP and CoinTaker? One way or another, we'll know in a week.

Ahhhh to be back in Chicago ... Expo, deep dish pizza, Italian beefs, the Cubs in the playoffs, and maybe an actual final TBL!

#374 8 years ago

If you're going to attend DP's Expo seminar, best to go in style ...

Dude.jpgDude.jpg

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

this is better than the sweater imho. :-)white russian pic.jpg

Why does it have to be one or the other? In fact, why not throw in some of the Dude's favorite smoking material too? Make it a seminar to remember!

Ganja ... take me away.jpgGanja ... take me away.jpg

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Tux:

I heard that it was too difficult to fit into an apron the amazing technology they're using on the rest of the LEDs in the game that causes the light to go around our eyes.

Let's hope. Enough speculation though ... DP's Expo presentation will tell the tale.

T-minus and counting ...

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151015T17&p0=64&msg=Dutch+Pinball+Expo+Seminar+Start&font=cursive&csz=1

2 months later
#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not really a NEW update as much info is based on NSN's but this week the latest edtion of the Spinner (magazine of the Dutch Pinball Association http://www.nfvpinball.nl) came out (1200 printed copies). In this also an article on the TBL
Yep, I know it is Dutch... Sorry
But wanted to share anyway

Thanks - any TBL news (albeit in a foreign language) is better than none.

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar to you and DP!

1 year later
#408 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Come on DP, let's get that communication going again!!!!!

Word

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-an-update-anything-really?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.