landlord.jpg
x7.jpg
image.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Didn't Kahlua only want $10,000 to use it's name? That doesn't really seem like a lot considering they are gonna make this pin for years. Let's say they make 2,000. That's only $5 more each pin to have that cool brand on there.

I don't know how many they are going to produce, but I doubt it's anywhere near 2000.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Really? So, they'll probably send you a few coupons, and then you'll be right as rain. That's probably how it would shake out, with the same net result except for the fact they squeezed a few more dollars out of you.

I'm not advocating than you continue to buy their product. I'm simply saying that letting Kahlua know how you feel with an email or letter will have a much greater impact than just boycotting them. Even if every single Pinside member were to silently stop buying Kahlua, it wouldn't register a blip on their overall sales. However, if we all wrote them ...

#303 8 years ago

Perhaps, but it really is pretty much like you put it the first time. At the end of the day they wouldn't care if I boycott their product, but at least I know they're not getting any of my cash.

#304 8 years ago

Yep - and I'll go back to the wetsuit analogy.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - and I'll go back to the wetsuit analogy.

I get warm and fuzzy Everytime I have a few caucasians.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I get warm and fuzzy Everytime I have a few caucasians.

Me too. And I'm looking forward to enjoying a few while playing my TBL!

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Didn't Kahlua only want $10,000 to use it's name?

I am actually surprised they would not partner with DP to promote their brand. It seems like free advertisement for their liquor. Imagine that game in a bar, friends playing it... loser pays next round of drinks. What would you have?

With proper communication, it would have been a win/win scenario. I can't believe they were dumb enough not do it for free. That's free advertisement (OK, a very subtle one, with limited exposure, but I can't see the harm for them!).

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I am actually surprised they would not partner with DP to promote their brand. It seems like free advertisement for their liquor. Imagine that game in a bar, friends playing it... loser pays next round of drinks. What would you have?
With proper communication, it would have been a win/win scenario. I can't believe they were dumb enough not do it for free. That's free advertisement (OK, a very subtle one, with limited exposure, but I can't see the harm for them!).

Yeah, after all Bacardi just PAID Heighway Pinball for a branded Bagatelle game just for in-bar brand awareness.

#309 8 years ago

dbl

#311 8 years ago

Me too. And I'm looking forward to enjoying a few while playing my TBL!

Congrats! I wishI could have gotten in on this game. It looks epic. I'm definitely jealous of you guys that were able to get on it.

#312 8 years ago

Excited to see what is shown at EXPO!

#313 8 years ago

I didn't want to wait until Expo for a response, so I sent DP an email with a question regarding the upper playfield. I didn't require a quick or immediate response, but Barry got back to me a few days later with a personable, yet professional response to my inquiry. This is exactly why I believe in this company and their product.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Congrats! I wishI could have gotten in on this game. It looks epic. I'm definitely jealous of you guys that were able to get on it.

These aren't limited edition machines. You can buy one when they get to market.

#315 8 years ago

I plan on buying TBL as soon as they are shipping from the US distributors. What do you all think the chances are of them having them available this year for those not in on the preorder?

#316 8 years ago

Unlikely. I don't expect to see mine (#59) until 2016 at this point.

One can always hope though.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I plan on buying TBL as soon as they are shipping from the US distributors. What do you all think the chances are of them having them available this year for those not in on the preorder?

0%

#319 8 years ago

I didn't preorder Woz, but I got one of the first handful that went out. I paid a premium to jump the line. Maybe I will do the same for TBL. U can to.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I didn't preorder Woz, but I got one of the first handful that went out. I paid a premium to jump the line. Maybe I will do the same for TBL. U can to.

9K is Premium enough for me!

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I plan to buy one in the UK, that said I really don't want an early production version as I did so with WOZ, which is a fantastic game but boy the problems I had! Never again from a new start up will I get an early production machine, I'd rather leave it a year or so let them get the issues worked out and fixed then pick one up, before production stops.

I really don't think we will see TBL games out until this time next year, maybe a trickle in the spring/summer.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It seems like the first machines off the line (especially for the first game a manufacturer has made) are likely to have problems, as with the WOZ light boards. Maybe you should ask for a discount for agreeing to take one of the first games.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I plan to buy one in the UK, that said I really don't want an early production version as I did so with WOZ, which is a fantastic game but boy the problems I had! Never again from a new start up will I get an early production machine, I'd rather leave it a year or so let them get the issues worked out and fixed then pick one up, before production stops.
I really don't think we will see TBL games out until this time next year, maybe a trickle in the spring/summer.

Good point. I has an early WOZ as well and ended up replacing most of the light boards.

#324 8 years ago

That's kinda what I thought.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems like the first machines off the line (especially for the first game a manufacturer has made) are likely to have problems, as with the WOZ light boards. Maybe you should ask for a discount for agreeing to take one of the first games.

While I agree with the WOZ example, I had AMH early run and it wasn't bad. As I understand it early Full Throttles are holding up well.

Hopefully DP joins the later category...

#326 8 years ago

As long as they support things well, I don't mind being in the first run!!

#327 8 years ago

I know Barry as somebody striving for perfection and a keen eye on detail. That doesnt mean there cant be no problems, if it aint broken it aint pinball, but chance is very limited in my view. If you have any doubts on this I am more than happy to swap my place (163) with your earlier place

#328 8 years ago

I asked about the TBL Apron. It appears that standard aprons will be on games.

I'm disappointed as the apron was another reason Game looked cool, and appealing to me.

I asked if the aprons would be available as an mod...maybe. Really hope so.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I'm disappointed as the apron was another reason Game looked cool, and appealing to me.

Hey DP you pulled the rug out from underneath us on the Apron (no pun intended) not to cool! I bought my game based on the Prototype I saw and the kick ass apron was part of what sold me on the game! Now we get a standard apron? That's weak sauce guys! what else are you changing?

#330 8 years ago

Maybe this is our coin mech gate seems like a problem where these games / boutique are a bit fluid in BOM till they really get to production.

But yeah, hopefully they aren't oblivious to the fact that the prototypes set expectations. I can't whine too much as I was a day one order when all we had was the theme.. But still.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey DP you pulled the rug out from underneath us on the Apron (no pun intended) not to cool! I bought my game based on the Prototype I saw and the kick ass apron was part of what sold me on the game! Now we get a standard apron? That's weak sauce guys! what else are you changing?

Same here. The apron detail really impressed me for some reason, and was one of the things to push me over the edge on the preorder. In my mind it showed how DP was giving that extra effort to make something great, and worth the premium price. Seriously, if that goes what else can we expect to disappear? I know there are no guarantees in this preorder nonsense, but damn. DP needs to make a few things clear at this point.

#332 8 years ago

Prototype aprons for all preorder Achievers - that's the way to go here. C'mon DP we loved the prototype apron and it was a selling point for many of us. For one, I'll trade my plaque for it....

#333 8 years ago

Interesting. I didn't notice the prototype apron. Anyone got a picture?

#334 8 years ago

Image credit: geektyrant.com

x7.jpgx7.jpg

#335 8 years ago

Maybe they decided to put instruction cards there instead? [mind... blown!]

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe they decided to put instruction cards there instead? [mind... blown!]

That's what the internet is for

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It appears that standard aprons will be on games.

IF correct and not compensated for elsewhere on the game, this sucks pure and simple. Akin to "bait and switch".

#338 8 years ago

What really annoys me is the lack of communication on that change. They could have told us that they´re going to change it and why.
They could just as well all of a sudden pull the bowling mechanism or the carpet and we would only notice it when the pin arrives at our house.....wondering what other surprises we´re in for.....

#339 8 years ago

I'm sure most stuff is safe but this might be an area where the either always intended there to be a difference (poorly communicated) or when they got down to BOM cost the difference between stock apron vs custom apron was too great.. Again, poorly communicated. Which is not unusual for this project unfortunately.

#340 8 years ago

I would think they can get instruction cards and some of those nostalgic lit stars that remind us all of the old Americana days of bowling. Would be cool although really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things!

#341 8 years ago

Yeah, i feel guilty about whining about something that has no effect on game play nor will anyone other than me notice. However, having seen the prototype apron, and not seeing the new apron, I like the prototype and speaks to the premium nature of their product.

Then again, I'd love for my game to ship ASAP so that wins over apron

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Oh well! There goes the first $500 for mods. Honestly, if I had the choice, I would rather have the apron over the polished stainless hardware.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah, i feel guilty about whining about something that has no effect on game play nor will anyone other than me notice.

I don't feel guilty at all. As has been discussed endlessly on other threads, the artwork is very important on a game and the apron that has been represented all along by DP as part of the final game was a key aesthetic element. It was part of what made TBL unique and innovative. It was something new and different. It helped to convey the connection with the movie's theme.

I'm assuming that this will be addressed in DP's presentation at Expo next week, but as has been expressed, it's really disappointing to find out about this as the result of an email sent after someone else noticed a detail in a photo released by DP.

#344 8 years ago

I don't feel guilty at all. As has been discussed endlessly on other threads, the artwork is very important on a game and the apron that has been represented all along by DP as part of the final game was a key aesthetic element. It was part of what made TBL unique and innovative. It was something new and different. It helped to convey the connection with the movie's theme.

You are entitled to sweat the details when the subject is $8,500.

#345 8 years ago

I really like the proto apron. I'm sure someone must be in the mod biz and able to work with DP to make this available......

#346 8 years ago

No original apron=Refund difference of cost for standard apron.I wouldn't let DP pocket the difference.The game is $8500.00 for pre orders.If you cut cost,And that is clearly whats going on.And won't deliver what was shown during pre-order.Partial refund then!

If you want to cut cost DP.You better do it to the non-visual stuff!

You don't cut corners on a $8500.00 to $9000.00 game!.

#347 8 years ago

At the very least I'd like an update. This is a slippery slope.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

No original apron=Refund difference of cost for standard apron.I wouldn't let DP pocket the difference.The game is $8500.00 for pre orders.If you cut cost,And that is clearly whats going on.And won't deliver what was shown during pre-order.Partial refund then!
If you want to cut cost DP.You better do it to the non-visual stuff!
You don't cut corners on a $8500.00 to $9000.00 game!.

I don't think the flat apron is more expensive than a non flat one.
For me it feals old that flat apron on the tbl.
Maybe because its to much black.
I think the didn't like the flat one either.
Soon we now.

#349 8 years ago

I asked if the apron would be available after and it was a maybe...

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I asked if the apron would be available after and it was a maybe...

Maybe=No!.Mark my words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-an-update-anything-really/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.