landlord.jpg
x7.jpg
image.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 8 years ago

I didn't get the NSNl yet I swear I'm not a nihilist!

#252 8 years ago

Never mind just came through.

Feels like there needs to be a joke about the box being a rendering / ala GOT but I got nothing

Also key here : "We will show you clips of the gameplay after Universal approved them. "

I take it to mean to clips have been approved now and its extra approval to show us gameplay video in a YouTube video or something. Seems like on a short leash / licensing sucks.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

A modestly priced receptacle.....

box.png

So Something I see that I applaud them on. Looks like there is a Tip and Tell and a Shock Watch on the box. I wish others would use these as well. If the Game is Flipped over the Tip and Tell will show you that. If the Game Is Dropped the Shock watch will tell you that. Super nice!

JJ

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, the logo on the box doesn't use the $ in LEBOWSKI. Did they drop that anywhere else I wonder?

Looks like the "$" is not on the "Achiever Edition" plaque either.
Achiever.jpgAchiever.jpg

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Time for something more positive. Anyone else planning to cover their TBL and make friends sit through the movie before the revel and play?

I'll have to factor in lunch and dinner if I plan on having people sit through the Hobbit Trilogy prior to my launch party. :/

#256 8 years ago

I missed this on the first read through:

"The guys in the factory are working on the first TBL's to finalize the 'bill of material' and double checking all assembly instructions. "

Are they really only first setting the BOM right now?

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Looks like the "$" is not on the "Achiever Edition" plaque either.
Achiever.jpg

That's really odd. You'd think that would be something that they'd make sure was consistent throughout.. ?

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I'll have to factor in lunch and dinner if I plan on having people sit through the Hobbit Trilogy prior to my launch party. :/

I hear you. TBL is a little more cult classic where I love to watch it over and over.

#259 8 years ago

I'm OK with every instance of no $ in Lebowski.. So no complaints.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

"The guys in the factory are working on the first TBL's to finalize the 'bill of material' and double checking all assembly instructions. "

Yeah, it must be minor ommissons as right before that they say:

We are close to sending the first TBL to customer #1, but we know that we will miss our deadline. The step from building a prototype to building production models just takes more time than we expected. We are so sorry to disappoint you guys and can only ask for a little more patience..

They cant be both finalizing the BOM and close to sending to customer #1 unless there is a extremely small gap between the BOM as it stands and final. Can just chalk it up to them missing something / rookie mistake somewhere IMHO

#260 8 years ago

Soooo who has game #1?

#261 8 years ago

Per the owners list thread, pinman2020 claimed it

#262 8 years ago

Perhaps it's just a test, but it looks like they're using 2 different driver sizes from this angle.

#263 8 years ago

Can't wait to see that box in my driveway!

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

So Something I see that I applaud them on. Looks like there is a Tip and Tell and a Shock Watch on the box. I wish others would use these as well. If the Game is Flipped over the Tip and Tell will show you that. If the Game Is Dropped the Shock watch will tell you that. Super nice!
JJ

Atari had the tip N tell's on their sit down Pole Positions as they were shipped uncrated, but on skids.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Perhaps it's just a test, but it looks like they're using 2 different driver sizes from this angle.

DP.jpg

I know at least several of the Bally/Williams and/or Stern games I have do this exact same thing. Basically the small one is the tweeter, big one is the mid-range, and then the low range is the sub in bottom of the cabinet.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I know at least several of the Bally/Williams and/or Stern games I have do this exact same thing. Basically the small one is the tweeter, big one is the mid-range, and then the low range is the sub in bottom of the cabinet.

I think it's a good thing!

#267 8 years ago

So no White Russian in the final model?

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So no White Russian in the final model?

What makes you say that? Of course it has the White Russian.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What makes you say that? Of course it has the White Russian.

Just no Kahlua.

#270 8 years ago

Whew! No big deal no kahlua..the White Russian is just too cool though.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Whew! No big deal no kahlua..the White Russian is just too cool though.

Damn thing looks real. Complete with a crumpled up dirty napkin.

#272 8 years ago

Maybe the parts issue causing delay was a miscommunication about 300 white Russians

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe the parts issue causing delay was a miscommunication about 300 white Russians

I have it on good authority the problem stemmed from extensive testing of a doobie mod.

#274 8 years ago

I never knew why havimg Kahlua label was a big deal. Doesn't everyone know what it is? Now I do believe Khlua missed the boat; they should have given the label away.

#275 8 years ago

Maybe just the wording.. The brevity thing. They didn't change the bottle icon too much, but did have to spell out coffee liquor instead.. A bit wordy

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I never knew why havimg Kahlua label was a big deal. Doesn't everyone know what it is? Now I do believe Khlua missed the boat; they should have given the label away.

I didn't mean to suggest it was a big deal.

I only wanted to suggest that whoever thought there was no White Russian in the game was likely confused with the absence only of the Kahlua brand.

And I agree: this is a BIG missed opportunity for Kahlua.

#277 8 years ago

I never got the New shit letter. Can someone forward the nsnl to me as I sent Barry an email last week and haven't gotten a reply yet......

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I never got the New shit letter. Can someone forward the nsnl to me as I sent Barry an email last week and haven't gotten a reply yet......

Fishbeadtwo....send me a pm with your e-mail and I'll forward it over to you

#279 8 years ago

Even the pope loves the latest honest update !

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Same here, its a pain being kept in the dark!

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Same here, its a pain being kept in the dark!

sent you a pm....

#282 8 years ago

Is there some valid reason that the entire update can't be posted in this thread?

Or do you have to belong to the super duper top secret society of TBL pre-orderers?

#283 8 years ago

DP NEWSLETTER REPOST
----------------------------

Dear foolish minions,

Phil and I have been really enjoying our TBL prototypes. The Fiji climate suits the machine well. Thank god we don't have to build a bunch of these because the f' ing carpet keeps falling off. It s also really nice to hear the tunes that we claimed to have obtained licenses for. Surprised you fell for that one. I modded my bowling mech and changed the pins to hot dogs. Not sure why, but it makes me laugh. Probably going to build a few more machines for our friends and so we have a few backups. Thanks for all your support and kiss our sunburnt asses. Barry

PS. Preorder for Blade Runner starts when we run out of funds.

PPS. Kailua gets old pretty quick. Moved onto Crystal.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

DP NEWSLETTER REPOST
----------------------------
Dear foolish minions,
Phil and I have been really enjoying our TBL prototypes. The Fiji climate suits the machine well. Thank god we don't have to build a bunch of these because the f' ing carpet keeps falling off. It s also really nice to hear the tunes that we claimed to have obtained licenses for. Surprised you fell for that one. I modded my bowling mech and changed the pins to hot dogs. Not sure why, but it makes me laugh. Probably going to build a few more machines for our friends and so we have a few backups. Thanks for all your support and kiss our sunburnt asses. Barry
PS. Preorder for Blade Runner starts when we run out of funds.
PPS. Kailua gets old pretty quick. Moved onto Crystal.

How is it that you haven't been tossed out of this thread for trolling yet?

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is there some valid reason that the entire update can't be posted in this thread?
Or do you have to belong to the super duper top secret society of TBL pre-orderers?

Theres just a lot of cut and paste.. And what have yous.. Especially from a cell phone which is about all I use to access pinside (blocked pinside from myself on work computer cause I have no self control).

Also, what do you want from fans of a stoner movie man.. Send me your email and I'll fwd and you can post it or anyone else that upvoted

#286 8 years ago

Ozno - what the fuck is your problem? Fucking asshole.

#287 8 years ago

OK here's low tech attempt

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-15-52.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-15-52.png

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png

Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.pngScreenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ozno - what the fuck is your problem? Fucking asshole.

Ah I was wondering if people were complaining about him or eggbert.. Thanks.

#289 8 years ago

Thanks Tom!

Funny how they promise "no cuss words this time" at Expo.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Ah I was wondering if people were complaining about him or eggbert.. Thanks.

Oh hey, I had surefire way to tell the difference between the two, but you just reminded me that I too can wonder which one it was!

#291 8 years ago

Guys! i just wanted to see the update. And it worked! Love the digital recreation of the box with shadow. Looks real........if it was 1982.

Seriously glad to see some progress, though. It gonna be a great game.

#292 8 years ago

So I read that "finalize the bill of material" as "a couple of parts didn't meet spec and need to be redone by the suppliers", meaning they have inventory of everything they need to build the machines, minus a few pieces. The second sentence also gives this impression.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Guys! i just wanted to see the update. And it worked! Love the digital recreation of the box with Shadow. Looks real........if it was 1982.

Fuck you.

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Guys! i just wanted to see the update. And it worked! Love the digital recreation of the box with Shadow. Looks real........if it was 1982.

You and Kaneda REALLY need to get together...

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

They really don't see the big picture. If I owned one of these pins I'd be inclined to buy the knockoff brand liquor to make my Caucasians while i play some pinball .

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

They really don't see the big picture. If I owned one of these pins I'd be inclined to buy the knockoff brand liquor to make my Caucasians while i play some pinball .

i have actually stopped using *censored* in my caucasians because *censored* wouldn't allow its use in this game. Petty i know, but its one thing I can do that at least makes me feel better.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

i have actually stopped using *censored* in my caucasians because *censored* wouldn't allow its use in this game. Petty i know, but its one thing I can do that at least makes me feel better.

Petty? Not at all. F'em if they don't want to be a part of the fun. Vote with you cash Amigo, I always do.

#298 8 years ago

Best to "vote" by letting them know how you feel via a direct communication. Simply abstaining from purchasing any more Kahlua will be akin to pissing in a wetsuit - it'll give you a warm feeling, but no one will notice.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Best to "vote" by letting them know how you feel via a direct communication. Simply abstaining from purchasing any more Kahlua will be akin to pissing in a wetsuit - it'll give you a warm feeling, but no one will notice.

Really? So, they'll probably send you a few coupons, and then you'll be right as rain. That's probably how it would shake out, with the same net result except for the fact they squeezed a few more dollars out of you.

#300 8 years ago

Didn't Kahlua only want $10,000 to use it's name? That doesn't really seem like a lot considering they are gonna make this pin for years. Let's say they make 2,000. That's only $5 more each pin to have that cool brand on there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-an-update-anything-really/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.