Topic Stats

• 425 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gutterballs
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nn40a (resized).jpg
TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-001_(resized).jpg
TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-002_(resized).jpg
TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-003_(resized).jpg
TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-004_(resized).jpg
Ganja_._take_me_away.jpg
Dude.jpg
white_russian_pic.jpg
landlord.jpg
x7.jpg
image.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png

There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 4 years ago

OK. I'm going to buy a Lebowski like I said. Will leave you guys to your optimism.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ozno, what's your beef? Stop trolling and tell us what you have against Dutch & Lebowski. If you don't have any factual information to back up your bullshit, kindly f*ck off.

He is just upset he got a refund and is no longer welcome to buy direct eg he is jelaous on all us achievers who remained supportive during Philgate and made TBL possible were he ........

Anyway, glad to read he will buy a TBL one time, HUO or through distributor. He can than enjoy a pinball made in Holland

4 weeks later
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Benboogaard:

» YouTube video

That should put an end to anyone confusing Dutch Pinball with Zidware or Skit-b.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Benboogaard:

» YouTube video

Badass!

#57 4 years ago

A robot thats place inserts in a playfield hahahaha.
I want to see Gary Stern pop his eyes out when he watch this movie.
Well its slower than same people used a hammer.
But the machine can work 24 hours.
Great job Barry this will stop people trolling.

#58 4 years ago

Dutch pinball has their crap together. That 5-axis CNC looks like it's creating chamfers in the playfield.

#59 4 years ago

I love it when new shit comes to light.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

That should put an end to anyone confusing Dutch Pinball with Zidware or Skit-b.

I don't think anyone was quite *that* confused.

2 weeks later
#61 4 years ago

Hmmm. That robot seemed really slow. Stern has an assembly line. Where's the line at Dutch?

#62 4 years ago

You guys must really be psyched. Those are beautiful bolts!!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Hmmm. That robot seemed really slow. Stern has an assembly line. Where's the line at Dutch?

Robot is not for assembling stuff on a playfield, it's for making the playfield itself (so inserts and stuff like that).

When I was at stern they don't do that themselves either, they get the playfield printed with inserts from ???

#64 4 years ago

That is really great to see. So is that Dutch pinballs facility? Or is it outsourced to someone else who is cutting the playields.

If it is all done in-house they had putting in 1 hell of an investment.

That hopefully means more amazing machines in the future.

#65 4 years ago

I placed my order on 10/16/14 (expo). I was told by Barry that I was scheduled for an estimated delivery date of August/September 2015.

Last week I asked for an update and was told that they were 2 months behind the original estimate.

Looking like November (at the earliest)

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

That is really great to see. So is that Dutch pinballs facility? Or is it outsourced to someone else who is cutting the playields.
If it is all done in-house they had putting in 1 hell of an investment.
That hopefully means more amazing machines in the future.

IIRC, on another thread, someone mentioned that the robot is at Mirco's plant, and it is used in all of their playfield productions. Unfortunately, I can't find the link, but hopefully someone else can either confirm or deny.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I placed my order on 10/16/14 (expo). I was told by Barry that I was scheduled for an estimated delivery date of August/September 2015.
Last week I asked for an update and was told that they were 2 months behind the original estimate.

What about the people ahead of you? When do the first ones start rolling out?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I'm in the same boat. If I get my machine before the end of the year, I'll be happy. I was thinking this was going to bleed into 2016 pretty easily. I hope we start to see some machines shipping out, soon!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What about the people ahead of you? When do the first ones start rolling out?

If they're really only 2 months behind, then we should see machines shipping by the end of this month. The original estimate was that games were going to start shipping in Q2.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Benboogaard:

» YouTube video

That's really awesome how DP patched together old videos of different manufacturing operations to look like their vapor machine will actually be built!

#71 4 years ago

Was super bummed that TBL didn't make an appearance at ReplayFX.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I doubt that they´re only 2 months behind. With my #18 I should have been in the first month of production (=June). A week ago Barry told me, that they can´t give me an estimated shipping date, so I would rather estimate 3-4 month behind. Which would IMHO still be awesome for a new pinball manufacturer.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Was super bummed that TBL didn't make an appearance at ReplayFX.

Imagine how bummed people will be if it doesn't make an appearance at their house.

#74 4 years ago

The primary thing I'm most anxious to see (outside of my game getting unloaded off truck) is final approvals from universal on everything. Seems like the a/v clips are still being worked through universal/actors and I guess in Philip Hoffman's case the estate.

Secondary is wiring looms. I dunno why but shit doesn't get real until there's wiring looms.

Aside: Wonder if in this day and age you could "autotune" the original vocals just enough to not be legally the same voice..ala.. Computer voice actor? . Maybe I should get on that.. Sounds profitable if you can survive the initial lawsuits. .

#75 4 years ago

I love that video, for sure. Assembly though, not sourcing components is the most time consuming thing I think. Wiring/assembly/QA. I love that Dutch is sharing the progress though, I find it incredibly fascinating. Good luck to them.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Aside: Wonder if in this day and age you could "autotune" the original vocals just enough to not be legally the same voice..ala.. Computer voice actor? . Maybe I should get on that.. Sounds profitable if you can survive the initial lawsuits. .

Seems to me if you were going to change the voice enough that it doesn't sound like the original actor anymore, you'd be better hiring a sound alike to just re-record the lines, and you'd be closer to what you want.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Imagine how bummed people will be if it doesn't make an appearance at their house.

Yeah, for sure. I didn't mean to be glib; I know a lot of people are getting tired of waiting.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The primary thing I'm most anxious to see (outside of my game getting unloaded off truck) is final approvals from universal on everything. Seems like the a/v clips are still being worked through universal/actors and I guess in Philip Hoffman's case the estate.

Last I heard, John Goodman was absolutely not going to let his voice / likeness be used in the game. Has that changed?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Last I heard, John Goodman was absolutely not going to let his voice / likeness be used in the game. Has that changed?

in a personal email to me from Barry from March (so, could be out of date by now) he tried to clarify that rumor which came out of phil meltdown: "As far as I know, Universal and JG are just not on speaking terms for some issue I don't know about, but Universal is still the owner of the right and as long as there are no new assets JG has nothing to do with giving approval on anything - it's all Universal."

I was actually asking him pointedly about the over the line scene.. because of the other rumor that JG wanted the gun gone. He said that had nothing to do with JG, all universal and "When we first negotiated the license I told Universal that particular scene with JG - over the line - had to be in the deal and they told me that wasn't going to be a problem, so I presume it isn't."

This conversation was back in March though... so, who knows now.. universal could be jerking them around or made promises they couldn't honor afterall.. so, waiting and seeing. I still hope though that if universal screws them on the audio/video, we can add the real stuff in ourselves in our home environments.

Ps - sorry barry if any of this was off the record

#80 4 years ago

Wow, sd_tom, that was awesome. Thanks for bringing this new shit to light!

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Where'd you hear that? The playfield and translite are officially approved, and he's on it. I think you've twisted the tidbit that he won't be doing CUSTOM voiceovers for the game.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

IIRC, on another thread, someone mentioned that the robot is at Mirco's plant, and it is used in all of their playfield productions. Unfortunately, I can't find the link, but hopefully someone else can either confirm or deny.

Happy to confirm that it is indeed mircos robot. Imagine that they would use pre order money for such a big investment, that would worry me. Outsourcing in the number of playfields DP needs is much more sensible.

Also jJP is using mirco and they need even more playfields as DP (for the moment at least but DP plans to grow )

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Where'd you hear that? The playfield and translite are officially approved, and he's on it. I think you've twisted the tidbit that he won't be doing CUSTOM voiceovers for the game.

Maybe that's what I heard, I dunno. But sd_tom seems to have heard something similar to what I heard originally, so...

#84 4 years ago

It was during Phil meltdown, it was about there not being new assets available. We as laypeople don't know what is a new or old or custom asset though so it's stabbing in the dark as to the end effect.

I wonder about Phillip Hoffman.. He was alive when this project started.. That would have to complicate things a bit.

#85 4 years ago

From everything I see and hear it looks like this is going to be one great machine.

I am a little concerned about what we haven't heard. Video and audio license approval. I'm pretty sure it'll all work out though.

#86 4 years ago

All the license approvals don't bother me at all. Maybe they will have to change a few lines here and there, but when a deal like this is already in the can, a few changes is peanuts for the us, the consumers.

I am more concerned about the code in general. (my Stern experience as the only reference here )

Doing code for a game like this is a huge workload and we have not seen anything at all since how the code was a year ago. If they are stuck in limbo until all the licenses are approved and everything is approved tomorrow, we could still have to wait a year or more until the code is in ok shape. Just take bop 2.0 as an example. How long have they been working on that? (but at least the end result on that one is looking fantastic from what I have heard)

Of course I could be way off and they could have been working like crazy on the code the last 12 months on tbl, just waiting for the last approvals to show us the real deal.

Anyway, we will find out soon enough, if they are still on track delivering the first machines Q3, that is.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Anyway, we will find out soon enough, if they are still on track delivering the first machines Q3, that is.

Does anyone still believe that this is even a remote possibility?

Or are you talking about Q3 2016?

#88 4 years ago

I'm a buyer. I don't think there is a way in hell this game is shipping in 2015.

#89 4 years ago

For something of this magnitude waiting is part of the game. How can you rush something this good just to get it out the door? The longer it takes the better the product should be acceptable to most.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I absolutely don't believe it. But as an excited buyer, until they say otherwise, I'm keeping the dream alive.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Or are you talking about Q3 2016?

you're kind of a glass half empty type of fella, aren't you?

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I absolutely don't believe it. But as an excited buyer, until they say otherwise, I'm keeping the dream alive.

That's the perfect attitude!

Quoted from Cornelius:you're kind of a glass half empty type of fella, aren't you?

This has nothing to do with optimism vs pessimism. It has to do with reality.

You think these will be shipping by Q3 2015?

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's the perfect attitude!

This has nothing to do with optimism vs pessimism. It has to do with reality.
You think these will be shipping by Q3 2015?

probably not, but that's not my point.

in the short time I've been on Pinside, you seem to be the type of fellow that always accentuates the negative.

you know how some people get off on being the one who said "I told you so"? that seems to be your deal.

are you in this for the love of the game, or are you in this because you love to be right?

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

probably not, but that's not my point.
in the short time I've been on Pinside, you seem to be the type of fellow that always accentuates the negative.
you know how some people get off on being the one who said "I told you so"? that seems to be your deal.
are you in this for the love of the game, or are you in this because you love to be right?

#95 4 years ago

Terrific response. Better than "I got nuthin'"

#96 4 years ago

Well, Barry told me only a week ago that they are still on track delivering the first machines in Q 3.

I agree that it is a long shot by now, but who knows? Stranger things has happened before. I am way down there on the list(in the 130')
so zero hope getting it this year. Never thought I would have it this soon so I am far from disappointed.... Yet

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Terrific response. Better than "I got nuthin'"

You really want to start a fight over this? WTF?

I made a statement....that you actually agree with...and you take me to task for it? Accusing me of being "negative" for asking if anyone believed that this pin would be delivered in Q3 2015?

Really?

#98 4 years ago

Whoa, "WTF" is a huge argument bro!!!

Get over yourself. You're a sanctimonious dick who loves being right.

Please back the eff off before you get this topic locked.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Whoa, "WTF" is a huge argument bro!!!
Get over yourself. You're a sanctimonious dick who loves being right.
Please back the eff off before you get this topic locked.

So I guess the answer to my question about whether you wanted to start a fight over this was "yes"?

#100 4 years ago

So I guess you not being a dickhead about a persons' opinion was "yes"

Your emoticon game is tight, bro. Really putting me in my place!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 43.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
28,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Budapest
Sale Pending!
Tinton Falls, NJ
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Francisco, CA
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside