(Topic ID: 179567)

Playtime Tabletop Pinball - BK2000/Earthshaker

By Tanooki

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've got an opportunity to get a hold of one of the BK2000 tables. I know both it and Earthshaker are just yet another re-skin of their standard table that got Mario on it and other stuff. I'm very surprised given people seem to chase down this style of table that there appears to be little to no history about Playtime, their pinball machines, or the various models online that I can find.

I know the BK table doesn't come up but rarely, same with the other, on ebay and elsewhere. I was wondering is there any way to flesh out a fair market value on buying either of these given the light history of sales on them? I've seen parts ones go down around $20 or something each through ebay, but what about a really nice one with minimal age wear that works? I've got one of the variants of the Tomy Astro Shooter which is a more robust table as it does more than just bounce off little metal springs with a light.

#5 7 years ago

I don't see why what I wrote needs a translation it's pretty clear.

Playtime is a company that in the 80s (maybe late 70s too?) made cheap tabletop pinball games (like Tomy did, just less complex.) During their run of stuff they picked up on the video game world with a Super Mario Bros table, but they also got licensing from Williams and did Black Knight 2000 and Earthshaker. Between all those machines they have more or less the same very basic sound effects, all have the same exact table layout in structure, but each has their own unique set of stickers for the back box and the playfield art as well.

They're nothing special, but I can't find anything of any real value information wise on the toys, nor can I find any real value given for the pinball table conversions I put in the topic. I have/had an opportunity to get a Black Knight one, but they're so scarce they rarely ever show up on ebay and even more rare, sell, because foolish individuals price it high thanking rarity = megabucks$$$.

#9 7 years ago

I know rare doesn't equal big bucks, often is the case. That's why I was wondering how you all may view the value of something like that or if there was any real info you can dig up on these things as I came up nearly empty other than a few vague comments on sites (including here) and some sketchy images.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playtime-tabletop-pinball-bk2000earthshaker?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.