Capture (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 08.35.20 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 08.34.50 (resized).png
0Speak-Easy-Work-01 (resized).jpg
15250076414168590712373370004856 (resized).jpg
15250060024749077351545305614563 (resized).jpg
20180429_104657 (resized).jpg
0Bang-Bang-Work-02 (resized).jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

hi rolf that is how i have taken it apart, all switches removed

#52 5 years ago

Hi widget2k4
the first JPG shows the situation on Shangri La (Williams). The second JPG shows "Speak Easy" - the cam next to the real motor is an IMPULSE cam (two times five teeth on the outside around on the cam) --- the switchstack on this very first cam next to the real motor has THREE switches in the switchstack - the next cam has in the switchstack SIX switches etc. --- did You take-apart switchstacks ? Greetings Rolf

0pinwiki-Williams-ScoreMotor-Work-01 (resized).jpg0pinwiki-Williams-ScoreMotor-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Speak-Easy-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Speak-Easy-Work-03 (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago

I never took the switches apart mate just removed them

#54 5 years ago

Hi widget2k4
when they did manufacture the pin: Wires are cut just as long so they fit --- see the second JPG in post-52 --- can you take an "switchstack made of THREE switches" and move it to "cam next to the real motor" ? Then an "switchstack made of SIX switches" and move it to the next cam etc. ?
Do the wires on the switchstacks then lay "natural" - "nice-looking" ? Can You do this with all switchstacks ? IF (if, if) there is "doubt": We must take the information from my JPG "very first switchstack has three switches - shown on schematics "1-F" and "7-F" and "7-F" --- look-up and say "switch on schematics 1-F has wire-color-MA-NE, has wire-color-AM" etc --- IDENTIFYING switchstacks by colors of wires (shown in the schematics). Greetings Rolf

About "repairing" worn / damaged cams: I never has taken apart - I never had to fix such cams --- I could do some guessing (epoxy ? / two-component glue ? attaching on the sides some cardbord made "helping, new" cam ) --- I could do some guessing but You have the pin - can look-at the situation and You do guessing (?). Greetings Rolf

#55 5 years ago

Hi rolf,
Just want to say a big thank you for all your help and expert knowledge, pin is working 100 percent perfect now thanks to you taking the time to help me out with the schematics, turned out to be the lane out switch that you said
Would never have found it if it wasn't for you.
Thank you

#56 5 years ago

Hi widget2k4
thanks for saying "thanks". YOU made the observation "manually activating the S-Special-Relay makes the fault on the 10k-points-Relay to dissapear". Lucky us - it was an playfield-feature fault and the schematics of the 4-player-pin was helpful. Thanks for "keeping at the problem - writing".

IF (if, if) You want to dig into "reading schematics": These schematics in spanish are not first choice --- xsvtoys made an excellent "walkthrough" through his Bally Bon Voyage: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematic-fully-described-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage --- Bally and Williams have the same logic --- Gottlieb is different in stepping through the players / balls. ONE thing: The Bon Voyage is an ONE-Player-ADD-A-BALL-Pin --- stepping the ball in an ADD-A-BALL-Pin is a bit different compared with ONE-Player-REPLAY-Pin(s).
When You read xsvtoys document: You will know A LOT about pinball-machines. Greetings Rolf

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playmatic-the-30s-problems/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.