• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
0Fiesta-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Speak-Easy-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Speak-Easy-Total-a-bit-bl-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
0Speak-Easy-Work-05 (resized).jpg
0Speak-Easy-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have a speak easy that was in pretty bad shape, I’ve got it cleaned up and all the scoring works perfectly. My problem is when I start a game player 4 score resets but the other 3 do not. If I manually trip the relays the scores will then reset and a ball kicks out. I have cleaned and gapped the relays but still the same. I do not have a schematic. It just seems weird that 1 would reset and not the other 3. Any help would be great.

#3 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
this is a good site for spanish pins: http://www.tecnopinball.org/doc_biblioteca.php - and they have the schematics (esquema) for Your pin - spanish words and some handwritten translations. I made the JPG from there. Do You have papertags in Your pin ? spanish text ? english text ?

You start a new game - the "R-Relay" is made pulling - the PC4-Relay is made pulling - the Score-Drums of player-4 are stepped forward - one by one reaches its Zero-Position and so on the Score-Drum its Zero-Position-Switch closes --- C-4-0, M-4-0, DM-4-0, CM-4-0 --- when all drums are on Zero-Position (and the switch on PC-4-Relay is good / closed): current can flow to PC3-Relay - it pulls-in and so the Score-Drums for player-3 do step forward - and (later) ... for player-2 ... player-1. Greetings Rolf

0Speak-Easy-Work-04 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Thanks so much Rolf_martin_062 it was indeed the pc4 relay. Now all the scores reset and it kicks a ball out but ball one randomly picks what player it scores on. It’s weird... I start a 1 player game, scores reset then ball comes and it scores on player 2, ball drains then balls 2 and 3 score on player 1. If I start another, ball 1 then scores on player 3 and balls 2 and 3 score on player 1. It keeps rotating ball 1 on random players then back to player 1 for the last 2 balls. What am I missing?

#5 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
great - You found the cause of the first fault. You now have the "ball-1 randomly starts on various players" --- I believe this is probably an mechanical fault - a stepper-unit not fully resetting at start of a new game - gummed-up ? or the spring wound around the axis (to do the mechanical turning back) - spring is weak - not fully resetting. I would like to troubleshoot in small steps - see the JPG - on top the lights section - "contador bolas". In the bottom "circ. imp. bolas" --- same unit or two different units ? JPG, right bottom corner: Takes care of ending a game - depending on 1 or 2,3,4 player game. JPG, left bottom corner: T1-Relay must be pulling when its Player-1-turn etc.
When this "circ. imp. bolas" at start-up does not fully reset (but then correct steps to Player-1-Ball-2 (this stepping up is not shown in my JPG)) --- Your fault.
Look out for this "circ. imp. bolas" unit and check "mechanical movement" (pin is togled-off and You actuate the plungers on the unit by hand - easy going ? Greetings Rolf

0Speak-Easy-Work-05 (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
maybe an "substitute / replacement / add-on" to my post-5.
I have some problems - I do not know the pin - not the manufacturer - do not speak spanish and cannot figure out the meaning of "spanish abbreviations".

Here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2459&picno=46682 on the bottom of the picture we see the Player-Unit in a Gottlieb 4-Player pin (round bakelite plate, rivets and wipers). This unit controls players / balls - lights and what player gets the points on his Score-Drums. This Unit is ONLY stepped one direction - forwards - it never turns backwards means it never resets. When having the problem "a new game starts on Player-2-Ball-1": We must find out why does the unit makes a step too much ?

Here on Your pin http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2269&picno=49726 I do not see an Gottlieb like Player-Unit. But here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2269&picno=43082 in the upper left corner of the picture I see a round bakelite thing. Big questions: Is this the Unit in Your pin that controls player / balls ? And - does this Unit sometimes move one direction - sometimes move other direction. You are in playing - You are playing (one player game) ball-2 - You loose the ball - DOES this unit steps FOUR steps (forward to player-1-ball-3) ? You play and then loose the ball - You reach "Game-Over". THEN You start a new game - DOES the unit steps many steps forward - or does it step backwards ? Several steps backwards ? Or ONE huge step backwards ?
The answers to my questions help me understanding the schematics. Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Well I have gone thru and cleaned contacts and stepper units. Now I can’t get the machine to start a game. If I trip the start relay it goes thru normally plus I can add more players via the start button but not the initial first person. Any ideas?

#8 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
could You solve the problem ? I asked around - a friend helps - he gave me his paper schematics "Speak Easy" with ENGLISH text. The quality of the schematics is not very good - I will do more "freshen-up" - but for looking up stuff the PDF here is "readable" - You may have to make You an copy (down to Your computer) - then You can look at the schematics.

Write when You want to start looking at problems. Greetings Rolf

0Speak-Easy-Total-a-bit-bl-orpalis.pdf
#9 4 years ago

Im rdy anytime you are. I went back thru all switchs and steppers as well as jones plugs. I can not find anything wrong.

#10 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
I hope I have put together the stuff in my JPG --- I would like to do little steps. The schematics is confusing --- I have encircled "brown": "button replay" --- I wonder if this is the "Credit-Button You press for to start a game (?) --- see the colors of the wires (JPG): RD-SL and BLK-YE - I read this as "maybe red-slate and probably black-yellow" --- question: WHAT colors of wires are on YOUR Credit-Button ?
Second question - You manually activate the (post-7) Start-Relay --- question: Is it the C-RELAY with a wire-color-slate-green (?) coming to the coil ? Greetings Rolf

#11 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
hmm - I forgot to add the JPG --- here it is

0Speak-Easy-Work-07 (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago

Button replay is for coin which puts a credit on machine

#13 4 years ago

The 2 wires on the start button are pink (maybe red faded) and blue with white stripe

#14 4 years ago

The button replay is in the backbox and when i trip it it adds a credit to the machine

#15 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
I do not see the "Credit-Button" in the schematics - do You see it ?
I asked WHAT Relay do You manually activate for to start for the first player ? The C- or the A - or what relay ? HOW many switches does this relay (You manually activate) have ? the schematics says "C-Relay has 7A and 1C switches - seven two-bladed Normally-Open switches and one three-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch --- HOW many switches does this relay (You manually activate) have ? Greetings Rolf

#16 4 years ago

I manually engage relay c. It has 7 switches one that is closed. When i engage 1 opens and 6 close

#17 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
thanks for the info "C-RELAY". It is getting late in Switzerland - I must go to sleep - I will brood on the problem and will write again by tomorrow. Greetings Rolf

#18 4 years ago

Hi Aahzz
the friend who helped me out with the Speak Easy schematics also gave me the schematics to Playmatic Fiesta --- see the JPG --- "encircled blue" the text is "Replay Button". The schematics is much like the schematics to Speak Easy (JPG in post-11). In the JPG here I "encircled brown": The Replay-Counter (subtract replay) is activated EITHER by the pulling C-Relay OR THEN by the pulling P-Relay. And a switch on I-Relay EITHER activates the C-Relay OR THEN the P-Relay.

And we look it up in the JPG in post-11 --- same situation --- I guess: No good in Your pin is the Make-and-Brake-Switch on I-Relay*** and the wiring towards the "Coil on C-Relay".

I-Relay***: Look what the I-Relay is doing in Your pin - does it change "non-pulling to pulling" or maybe "pulling to non-pulling" when You (manually) start for first player --- I-Relay BEFORE manually activating the C-Relay - and I-Relay AFTER the manually activating the C-Relay - does the I-Relay moves and stays moved ?

(((If we do not find the cause of the problem: A Jumper-Wire to feed electricity to the "Coil on C-Relay" - and a push-button-switch to close is mounted in the Jumper-Wire - and the push-button-switch is mounted behind the "Coin-Return-Push-Button on the Coin-Door" - and when You want to start a new game: You press the "Coin-Return-Push-Button")))

Please check the color of the wire on the middle blade on "Make-and-Brake-Switch on I-Relay" - question: Same color as one of the wires on Your Credit-Start-Button on Your pin ? Try to follow the wires - wires starting on the Credit-Start-Button - where do You get to ?
Greetings Rolf

0Fiesta-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#19 4 years ago

Rolf your the best! It was the I relay. I adjusted it and it works like a charm. Thanks so much!

3 years later
#20 9 months ago

I am trying to get a speakeasy pinball to start a game. I feel like I am having a problem with the stepper unit. I have removed it and cleaned the contacts. My game over light also never goes out.
I get the coil to reset the unit to work but I never see the coil to advance the unit to fire. Electromechanicals are pretty new to me but I understand relays and such. I am assuming that the picture is the player unit. No labels for it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

image (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!