• Latest reply 5 years ago by Pin-up
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

First things first: I am in need of the upper arch plastic for this game. Mine is badly melted and cracked with holes over the lights. All other plastics are in excellent almost like new condition some how......

Anyway.

I just set this up not long ago and got it all vacuumed out to start working on getting it fully functional as it's been sitting around here for at least 6-8 years.

At this time, the flippers do nothing, and when certain targets are hit (like the 2 mushroom posts at the very top in the middle) the chime coil locks on and the fruit wheel in the back box starts humming away as well.

The rest of the coils for the kick out holes, pop bumpers, and lower kicker are all working, and the targets associated with the other 2 chime coils score and ding as they should.

I'm guessing that the fuse on the bottom of the play field is for the flippers, but I have pulled it and it is a good fuse, so that's not the flipper issue.

I don't have any schematics for this, but if someone has a link to a pdf that would be great, even though they are probably in Spanish.

These Playmatic playfields are awesome. It's near brand new still. Unreal. I had a Prospector (another Spanish company correct?) at one time that was the same.

Looking for advice on these Playmatics as I get into this next project here.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

I don't have any schematics for this, but if someone has a link to a pdf that would be great

IPDB is still broken so I uploaded it to
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/speakeasy-playmatic/gallery

#3 5 years ago

Are these resistors on the flipper circuits and coils?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 5 years ago

ah... there are resistors on the flippers and coils but one end is cut off on all of them...... strange. Probably an issue!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Probably an issue!

Try soldering them back on.

#6 5 years ago

Got into the Speak Easy a bit more this evening. New ball, new rubbers, and new lights throughout.

The chime coil locking on was from a sticky dirty switch on the 2 mushroom bumper type targets at the top of the playfield. Some cleaning and adjusting and that issue is all cleared up. The match feature is what was buzzing away in the back box, not the slot wheels, and all is working properly now. The slot wheels are working great and all bonuses from them light and score as they should.

For whatever reason, when I went back out and turned on the game to start doing rubbers/lights, the flippers were working. They haven't stopped working since. So..... that's good...... I still need to check all those coil resistors that are cut off on one end and replace any that may be bad or solder them back in place as they should be.

Issues to look into:

- ball in play 1-5 lights are not lighting consistently (probably some stepper/relay cleaning to do there)
- player score reel lights not turning on all the time (probably some stepper/relay cleaning to do here too)

All targets are now scoring correctly and either lighting the feature they should light, or spinning the slot wheels to light up the feature that should be lit when the proper "jackpot" is show for each corresponding bonus.

It's been sitting for quite a while so I really just need to go through all of the steppers and relays and clean everything and make any small adjustments that need to be done along the way. Should be looking in good shape after that's done.

It's a fast playing game with lots of action between all of the kick out holes and the slot reel in the back glass. Good stuff!

I don't anticipate any major issues on this one going forward anymore and will update whenever I get around to finishing all of the contact/stepper cleaning.

If anyone has that top arch plastic, I need one!

For now, I may be able to substitute in one of the painted metal arches from a Bally/Williams EM game so it has a nice completed look still. From the flyer photos it looks like some of the other Playmatics were like that anyway.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playmatic-speak-easy-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.