12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

anybody else do? I turned my sound off on my JD and got my highest score to date (1.5 billion) within 10 games. I did the same a few weeks with my Jokerz and reeled off my second best score on that.

I really like the sound of the ball rolling on the ramps and playfield. very soothing, that.

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

anybody else do? I turned my sound off on my JD and got my highest score to date (1.5 billion) within 10 games. I did the same a few weeks with my Jokerz and reeled off my second best score on that. I really like the sound of the ball rolling on the ramps and playfield. very soothing, that.

Umm, I've never tried it myself. Maybe I ought to give it a try sometime though.

#3 12 years ago

I turn my down a bit, bc I dont like it blaring.

#4 12 years ago

Bowen Kerns (top player) was playing with his own music and headphones on when he won the IFPA world championship in the UK/2008. No ideas what he was listening to.

#5 12 years ago

The game music is one less thing to distract you if it's gone. That and the jackpot music tends to get your heart racing (or at least it does to some degree for me) and that variable is gone. I think it allows you to relax a bit more.

#6 12 years ago

I can't do it. With no sound, I find myself listening to the mechanical aspects of the machine and thinking to myself "does that sound right? Did that sound right?"

I gotta let the game music drown that out so I can just play......

#7 12 years ago

I played a LOTR a couple of months ago with no sound and got the highest score.

At PAPA, the rounds when I had my headphones on, I played the best.

#8 12 years ago

I think it depends on the game. On LW3 I find I miss some of the gun play when the music is up too loud.

#9 12 years ago

I only own EMs. For some reason i cant find the volume knob on any of them

#10 12 years ago

You are not alone!!!!!I've found that during multiball as the sound speeds up so does my sense of urgency and I make more mistakes , so I've done just as you have and turned the sound off and got much better play results!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-without-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.