Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bohdi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Just wanted to see if any play without the glass on?

I figure in your own home you don't need to.
    Also no Glare

Let me know if you do and what you feel are pro's and con's

#2 6 years ago

It becomes way too loud and one good fly ball and kiss your back glass goodbye.
    -Mike

#3 6 years ago

Only when I am testing a repair or diagnosing an issue, too dang loud without the glass to play long term that way. Plus I always wonder without glass how far the ball would fly those times it smashes into the glass?

#4 6 years ago

I had recorded a few gameplay videos with the glass off that I posted on Youtube because I wanted no glare on the video, but for real world use it's just too noisy to be enjoyable.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

It becomes way too loud and one good fly ball and kiss your back glass goodbye.
    -Mike

And hit other machines and whatever else is around the machines! Get a GBLE/Premium and play it with the glass off.. I think that you could get a ball that hits you in the head! Keeping the balls on the playfield is hard enough!

#6 6 years ago

Plus look how dirty the glass gets. That would be on your playfield. I would rather not have a ball rolling around on that.

#7 6 years ago

~con you wont get the air ball smacking the glass and saving the shot?

~pro you will be more like Tod Tuckey lol

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Just wanted to see if any play without the glass on?

Only while testing or when recording a gameplay video.

#9 6 years ago

Um, I tend to get much higher scores with the glass off...

#10 6 years ago

As others mentioned -- dust and noise issues. Feels weird somehow as well.. I like to contain the ball in its little 'world'

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

Um, I tend to get much higher scores with the glass off...

SAME here. Was doing something on EBD a few weeks ago, forget exactly what, and had the glass out and the back glass out. Had the best ball on a pin I've ever had. Go figure? Was almost 3 million on ball 1 before the frickin ball even drained! Of course we all know how the extra ball and balls 3 and 4 went.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-without-glass?hl=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.