(Topic ID: 142657)

Playing with sound off....have you tried it?

By kidchrisso

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by anonymatt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The_Tell_Tale_Heart_S-312863714-large.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago

My sons and I went to the boardwalk this summer and hit up a few arcades, tucked into the corner of the last arcade we went to was a LOTR. I told them that it was a great game and they would enjoy playing a game. Needless to say they had the volume set to 0 and the experience was horrible and boring, so bad that all 3 of us walked away with balls still to play.

If you're doing it to practice shots then I fail to see the purpose of no sound, if you don't hear the machine taunting you or the clock ticking to make your shot in a pressure situation than you're really not helping yourself.

Sound enhances the game it adds drama and tension, without the sound pinball is horrible, like doing a puzzle with the pieces upside down... it's seems incredibly dorky.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

I knew that I would get the same reaction from most..."why would you want to fuckin do that"...smoke some more...

You should try it for a different experience.....you clowns might see your scores go up. Do you really need the handicap of your machine telling you where to go next? You might be surprised that you don't.

Sometimes if you do not want to hear another view point you shouldn't ask people for their opinions.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry, I can't hear you.

Maybe I misunderstood, playing with headphones or while listening to other music wasn't what I meant... playing in silent mode was what I thought we were talking about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-with-sound-offhave-you-tried-it?tu=tiltmonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.