(Topic ID: 93841)

Playing the Elvis machine...............

By Zippee

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Excalabur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

i'm playing elvis and i can routinely get four of the five hit songs but i'm having trouble getting 'blue suede shoes', what exactly do you have to do to attain this? i have all settings on the easiest level...the instructions for the game just say shoot the middle loop with the upper right flipper and i do, but how many times? and two lanes have bss marked on them, do you need to hit both a certain number of times? can an elvis owner or someone else weigh in?

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i'm having trouble getting 'blue suede shoes',

I've heard the main thing is don't step on them.

LTG : )™
Disclaimer : Yes I am sorry I couldn't resist.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i'm playing elvis and i can routinely get four of the five hit songs but i'm having trouble getting 'blue suede shoes', what exactly do you have to do to attain this? i have all settings on the easiest level...the instructions for the game just say shoot the middle loop with the upper right flipper and i do, but how many times? and two lanes have bss marked on them, do you need to hit both a certain number of times? can an elvis owner or someone else weigh in?

Is it looping all the way around, catching on the magnet to set you up for a combo? I'm pretty sure that's how you do it if I remember correctly. If your loop is funky or flipper is weak & the ball is going to the bumpers instead of the magnet above the upper flipper, you won't be able to do it. Or - if your magnet is broken, that might make it tougher, too.

#4 9 years ago

it is looping all the way around, the magnet is strong, what do u mean by combo shot?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

it is looping all the way around, the magnet is strong, what do u mean by combo shot?

When it loops around and the magnet catches it, loop it around again and again and again! One shot is just the set-up for the magnet...the 2nd loop (and more) are what count toward Blue Suede Shoes.

#6 9 years ago

i have done that, i guess not enough, even at easiest setting...how many times do i have to loop it around to get bss?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Zippee:

i have done that, i guess not enough, even at easiest setting...how many times do i have to loop it around to get bss?

It's been a while since I've had the game...but on easy, I'm guessing 3?

#8 9 years ago

I believe you loop to start when insert is lit and then have to loop twice to start. This has to be two loops complete once loop count starts.
Really hope someone in the future can add full cuts to the code.

1 year later
#9 8 years ago

Hate to resurrect an old thread but how many times to you have to hit hound dog to activate the multiball? Game is set on easy.

#10 8 years ago

Not very many. I haven't played Elvis in a year, and it wasn't set on easy, but I'd think like 2-4ish? I believe they only count if nothing else is running: you should get the obnoxious hound-dog callout if you get the hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-the-elvis-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.