(Topic ID: 50993)

Playing pins in the wild that you own at home?

By HeyYouSir

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lukerp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Play pins in the wild that you own in your collection?”

• Never - pins in the wild can't compare to mine. 6 votes
      16%
    • Sometimes - depends. Compare to how mine plays. 13 votes
      35%
    • Yes - just like to play pinball in the wild whether I own it or not. 18 votes
      49%

(37 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Just wondering if you ever play a pin in the wild that you have in you collection?

If not, why not?
    If so, why?

#2 10 years ago

Rarely. I don't pay to play something I can do for no additional cost other than wear & tear.

#3 10 years ago

None of them are taken care of like mine. But I will still play any pinball I can just because they don't play like mine.

#4 10 years ago

I will just to compare the game play to my own, to see if something on my machine should be working better

#5 10 years ago

Not unless it is the only pin there.

#6 10 years ago

Of course I will play any game on location, not just games that are new to me.
    Pinball on location is pinball as it is supposed to be. Players put their money in, play for the replay and high scores, and play against each other.

#7 10 years ago

Always. And it always amazes me how different every one of them are. Sometimes they are setup easier than mine, sometimes harder. But I always see that quality that made me want to own it in the first place.

And I always go into it thinking "I own this game, so I'll nail the GC score"... And it just never works out that way.

#8 10 years ago

At least once, it will either make me feel better about mine if its in bad shape, or if its in better shape inspire me to work on mine.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And I always go into it thinking "I own this game, so I'll nail the GC score"... And it just never works out that way.

Isn't that the truth. I find that oftentimes machines in the wild are set up to drain more easily.
    At least I like to think that way.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

At least once, it will either make me feel better about mine if its in bad shape, or if its in better shape inspire me to work on mine.

I noticed a nice red handled shooter rod on a TAF the other day and thought that would be a nice upgrade. Amazingly it didn't have the typical playfield damage near the inner right ball drop. On the negative side there was some serious planking going on. I have looked at that pin a number of times over the years, but yesterday was the first time I actually played it. That TAF was also the one that inspired me to upgrade mine with a color DMD.

At that location I play the Getaway and the No Fear much more that the Addams Family.

#10 10 years ago

I play all that I can find.

#11 10 years ago

I would only play a game in the wild if my home game was in bad shape or if I didn't own it anymore!

#12 10 years ago

Hey,

I try to, but around here, the ones on location aren't exactly maintained the best. About 150 miles from me, there's a guy who has a location; really good pins, and in good condition as well. Last June, I sold my WhiteWater, then drove across town and put up a high score on his (I was short of the GC score, but you can't win them all... ). While the machine wasn't exactly my favorite, there is something satisfying about getting Vacation Jackpot in a bar, even if it's two in the afternoon and only two people are there to see the machine go nuts. That and the owner had all the high scores on that one, took him a fairly long time to notice someone had knocked one of them off...

Luke

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-pins-in-the-wild-that-you-own-at-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.