Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GrueLurks
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    f018a8a7540caf8679a1a83c4490f65d.jpg
    flashbackpins1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaholic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

Take a trip to NYC where PB in the wild is alive and well. Williamsburg is a hotspot as well as Park Slope. Reciprocal Scateboards in Manhattan is a must visit and is one of NYC's go to spots along with Satellite in Williamsburg. As Justin Wilson says: "I Guarantee"
    Al

#27 11 years ago

As Prefontaine said, the toughest thing is working on games in a relatively dark ( if not open yet), or confusing( people asking questions while you're trying to fix). Swapping in a perfectly working game is the last but vital resort. The love from pinheads, and new friends are the biggest reward for me.
    Al

#44 11 years ago

Satellite is literally 5 blocks from the Williamsburg Bridge and the parking is probably easier on the streets and cheaper in a garage. North 6th and Kent(right on water)has a garage tht puts you 1 block from Zablozki's, 4 blocks from Mug's(ACDC LE and WOZ in future) and Enid's agin near.

#48 11 years ago

People can't believe the condition of my games. I have serious support. My friend Max Lais (RIP) gave me the courage as his electronics knowledge was unreal. He had total access to he WTC site after the tragedy getting vital signals back up and working. He had pictures that were unbelievable no others had access to. Then my best friends Doug Huseb(lets play pinball),and Kevin McHugh ( Classic pinball) both have my back and are of unmeasurable help. Go see for yourselves and I'll show you that I back my talk up with action. I dare anyone to do better here in the center of the world so to speak. I welcome and embrace the competition.

#52 11 years ago

Not entirely ops fault. Maybe some to making tough to service games and could have been built with upkeep in mind. Mostly lazy ops though I think.

#54 11 years ago

I use Twitter to alert followers of code updates, and any pertinent route info. I usually update the day it comes out because I want to check it out. I initially was just servicing my want of a bar or two to play a working pinball machine.

#59 11 years ago

There is friendly competition in NYC, (especially Brooklyn), between Max Pinball and myself which I believe was a benefit to the players bescuse it has forced out better titles and more maintainence of the games. PinballNYC (for amusement only), started a league on Monday's which has drawn out new players, and has a great website and locator.those players alert the ops of problems and we are quick to fix them. I believe that I address some of these issues on the video that Wall Street Journal did on me a year or two ago. You can google wsj + pinball to find it. Very well done and enjoyable to see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaholic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-pins-in-the-wild-just-isnt-fun?tu=pinaholic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.