(Topic ID: 92881)

playing pinball while high

By Zippee

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0958.JPG
    potzilla.jpg
    image.jpg
    index2.jpg
    index.jpg
    th-4-951.jpeg
    100121-i.jpg
    20140523_215358.jpg
    images.jpg
    image-349.jpg
    image-653.jpg
    think_of_the_children.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 9 years ago

Yes, it's a psychoactive effect after all. I know of very sick people consume oil, and it's just the same, but more powerful. They're just told to relax & sleep it off, fizzy drink (sugar levels) & back to normal every time from overdose.

Thc can do cancer cells & cbd is great for winding down people that suffer from sezuires , epilepsy. You really do need both for any serious illness, but most strains tend to lack a lot of cbd.

It's always a good convo and to make other people aware of this but thread getting derailed quickly now. Thanks!

#252 9 years ago

I put this theory to test this morning. I got up early, "waked and baked", and played the best game of SST I've ever played. First time I ever made it to Klendathu, first time I ever broke 400M, first time I ever got fried first thing in the morning and played.

I dunno if there's a correlation there, but I do know it was a helluva lot of fun

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

Aurich, agree 100%!
    I am also a Medical user. Cancer, stage 4, been fighting for over 3 years and Cannabis has helped me immensely.
    All the Doctors and Nurses at the Cancer Center know Cannabis works.
    And extracted Cannabis Oil is showing promise in curing, yes curing, All forms of Cancer!!!

I am so very sorry to hear this. I hope you beat it. I had a friend die suddenly of liver cancer last year and it was terrible to see. I went to see him and he was smoking a big fattie. He said to take a few hits for old time sake. I said no because I was on the bike. He said that I may never see him alive again and to take a hit and stay till it wore off. He fell asleep and I got on the bike and rode home. It was really weird riding with a buzz. I hit 100mph on the freeway and it was like I was sitting still.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It was really weird riding with a buzz. I hit 100mph on the freeway and it was like I was sitting still.

My experience in my youth was the exact opposite, driving 30 mph felt like 100.

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Nope. It is an unlicensed theme though. You can see the reference on IPDB.

So what game is it already?

#256 9 years ago

looks like its a Gottlieb Time Line. I noticed the apron said star series so I googled Gottlieb star series and it brought up star series 80 then I just compared the custom playfield layout to the system 80's till I found the match.

#257 9 years ago

my key to playing good pinball goes as follows:

Step 1. Wife and I are going to do something
    Step 2. I get ready and wife needs 5 more minutes
    Step 3. I start "1" game on game X
    Step 4. 5 mins later I am on ball 1 still with 2 EBs already earned and nearing a GC score.
    Step 5. I have an amazing wife and she has learned to just let me finish out the game

It works everytime. It is like there is something with my mood that if "it is just 1 quick game" then I do not care and of course I then kick ass!

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've seen several news stories that say the stuff coming out of colorado is stronger than the stuff in amsterdam. Any truth to that?

If you follow High Times magazine, northern California has long been the home of the best new strains. We've literally had guys working on it for generations. And it's not just the spectacular growing weather. Indoors or out, norcal produces the best. In many areas, the cops work with the growers. No doubt Amsterdam and Colorado are catching up (you can watch cable TV shows that show his), but there are just too many smart guys out here growing that have been doing it for a long, long time.

Quoted from zr11990:

So what game is it already?

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4445&picno=8546&zoom=1

#259 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

my key to playing good pinball goes as follows:
    Step 1. Wife and I are going to do something
    Step 2. I get ready and wife needs 5 more minutes
    Step 3. I start "1" game on game X
    Step 4. 5 mins later I am on ball 1 still with 2 EBs already earned and nearing a GC score.
    Step 5. I have an amazing wife and she has learned to just let me finish out the game
    It works everytime. It is like there is something with my mood that if "it is just 1 quick game" then I do not care and of course I then kick ass!

i'm not surprised...

"not caring about the result" is an important component of playing well, imo... caring about the result only takes away brainpower from concentrating on the task at hand...

as an example, virtually anyone who plays golf can tell you that the worst thing they can do when they have a good round going is to look at the scorecard... brain starts to wander off towards "result", and the next shot is duck hooked on to the roof of a house 50 yards ob...

and how many posts have you seen from people here who lament "i had a GREAT ball, and i was so close to xyz score/goal/level but i really messed up the next ball"? they might have yakked up that ball anyway, but thinking about the result didn't help...

imo, ymmv, etc.

#260 9 years ago

I wish I could find a way to bring forth that right amount of not giving a crap about the outcome while still caring enough to make some magic!

#261 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish I could find a way to bring forth that right amount of not giving a crap about the outcome while still caring enough to make some magic!

yup... it's a fine line there...

#262 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I've always theorized that video games (even pinballs) can sense when you care too much. They punish you for that.

I remember bargaining with Contra on the old NES. "Nah, I don't care if i pass this level, just screwing around".

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've always theorized that video games (even pinballs) can sense when you care too much. They punish you for that.
    I remember bargaining with Contra on the old NES. "Nah, I don't care if i pass this level, just screwing around".

they DO know... they are EVIL!!!

and they punish me every time i get the slightest bit cocky...

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

yup... it's a fine line there...

maybe I should smoke more weed

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

maybe I should smoke more weed

You should! ... and then go play your

potzilla.jpgpotzilla.jpg
    #267 9 years ago

Brad once had an apartment in Amsterdam...wonder why

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Step 5. I have an amazing wife and she has learned to just let me finish

Maybe you should reward her sometime and have a box lunch.

#269 9 years ago

I live north Ontario. The weed fields are hidden everywhere here as are the atv tracks from kids looking for it.

#270 9 years ago

Pinball time.

#271 9 years ago

Just finished playing a four player game with my son and friends in their young 20's ...now that they have played (Monday night football) for a few months, they play it all the time. I'm starting to worry about too much! not a bad thing but Keeping my eye on up coming maintenance.

#272 9 years ago

I get a chuckle sometimes when I see this message on the dmd, like tonight.

IMG_0958.JPGIMG_0958.JPG

#273 9 years ago

For more weed laughs watch a trailer park boys episode. The best Canadian comedy hopefully making its way south.

#274 9 years ago

Since this topic does violate Pinside Rules.
    "If anything you post is illegal, condones illegal activities (such as recommending drug taking) ... then it has to be removed."
    I must close the thread.

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-pinball-while-high/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.