(Topic ID: 92881)

playing pinball while high

By Zippee

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0958.JPG
    potzilla.jpg
    image.jpg
    index2.jpg
    index.jpg
    th-4-951.jpeg
    100121-i.jpg
    20140523_215358.jpg
    images.jpg
    image-349.jpg
    image-653.jpg
    think_of_the_children.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 9 years ago

i've never heard of someone who's drunk being referred to as 'on alcohol'

#152 9 years ago

minnesota also the largest producer of choking pro hockey teams, as in zero stanley cups over two teams in almost fifty years...where is cesare maniago when you need him???

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Anyone who attends church can be considered an expert at wasting time.

Ouch. I Cant argue for/or against church.
    But plain and simple everything in MY world has a creator. watches, chairs, tv's, pinball machines and people. Never in my life have I seen an explosion cause something to be created.

Small example - take the makings of a pinball machine throw them in a bag. Shake them, blow them up. How long do you have to do that before you create a working beautiful pinball machine? Explosions don't create life they end it. Unless....

Church who knows. Knowing your creator....sounds important.

Just my view I know some people disagree. I still love ya!

Update: wow the thumbs down. What are you mad about somebody has different view then you?
    I end positive. I say in MY world. I don't force my view on anyone. Are you just that anti-something other then what you think?

#154 9 years ago

...and charlie brown's catchphrase of disgust was 'rats'

thank you

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

The Netherlans checking in ...... what's all the fuss about haha

Just our government as usual.

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

it's bullshit... nobody's reflexes "get better" when they are impaired...
    he may be a better player for other reasons (i.e. it's amazing how much better you play when you care little about the result), but it certainly isn't because they are impaired...
    the "i do 'xyz' better after a few beers" myth has been put to bed many times by controlled testing...

No way. Have you never seen the episode of WCRP in Cincinnati where the DJ drinks his ass off and has quicker reflexes than sober? It has to be true. Actually I have taken the tests and I can drive far better after 3-4 beers. Not that I think its ok but that's how it works for me.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you know that Minnesota was the largest producer of hemp for ropes during WW2.

The US has wasted the last 100 years not farming industrial hemp. DEA is finally taking action to legalize. It's one of the quickest growing biomasses. paper and fuel. Save the farmers and trees.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-kentucky-hemp-dea-20140527-story.html

#158 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zippee:

minnesota also the largest producer of choking pro hockey teams

Choking football teams, crap baseball teams....at least are women know how to play basketball.....wait I don't watch that.

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

The US has wasted the last 100 years not farming industrial hemp

One of our biggest mistakes ever.......using tree for paper is so wasteful.

#160 9 years ago

I like this thread, **Cough**!

The History of why it became illegal is important, and please correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt it in the 1930's, when
    a young white woman was raped by a young black man who admitted being on Marijuana?
    The Northeastern Newspapers, and uproar was basically...."Do you want a substance legal that would have black men rape your daughters" Fear Selling, Reefer Madness, etc, and the culture changes. Especially at that time with Segregation raising its head Post Depression.

Hers another, I chat daily with China. It was legal there and used in Medicine for maybe 10,000 years.
    Only under US pressure, in the 1960's did China agree to ban, Today, I cant mention that word in an email to China.
    It is very forbidden.

How does something used so effectively for 10,000 years suddenly become bad?

Lastly, with all respect please, there is enough information as to what Frankincense and Holy Anointing Oil was made from.

Add all the native American and South American cultures that have mind altering substances in their ways to communicate with God. Somehow, they are not mutually exclusive.
    Just changes over time.

#161 9 years ago

I get most of my inspirations for mods with a buzz.

#162 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

Update: wow the thumbs down. What are you mad about somebody has different view then you?
    I end positive. I say in MY world. I don't force my view on anyone. Are you just that anti-something other then what you think?

I gave you a thumbs down not because of religion.

I gave you a thumbs down because I disagree with your post about the origin of the universe. If you want to debate it, we can do so over PM. Thumbs up/thumbs down means agree/disagree, nothing more and nothing less.

#163 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The History of why it became illegal is important,

Read the book 'The Green Vision of Henry Ford and George Washington Carver'. starts on page 155. the reason was money, like everything in the US. The old 19th century industry tycoons saving their businesses with bribery and corruption.

http://books.google.com/books?id=32Fa9lCDjSwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=The+Green+Vision+of+Henry+Ford&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MM2NU5XACMSFqgaDwIBQ&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=The%20Green%20Vision%20of%20Henry%20Ford&f=false

#165 9 years ago

playing high? does seems to help, fixing them high? keeps'em running smoothly. Working on them while your drinking? now that should be illegal

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you do realize that is is legal in 2 states and available medically in nearly half of the 50 states...

Is pinside even hosted in the US? I thought it was Australia?

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you know that Minnesota was the largest producer of hemp for ropes during WW2.

That stuff just gives me a headache.

#169 9 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

Is pinside even hosted in the US? I thought it was Australia?

Robin is Dutch, not Australian.

#170 9 years ago

Bring on the Cheech & Chong pin! I'll pre order right now!!

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

6 figure making, hard working people with families who hold down responsibilities and a normal life, that just happens to include pot

Yep - that' me. I'm 49, been married for 19 years, have two kids, my wife and I both work and make good $$. I've been with the same company for over 17 years. ...and I love me some herb. It was nice to LEGALLY purchase some while I was skiing in Colorado over spring break.

Quoted from Aurich:

You'd probably be surprised at how many people you know use and never mention it, because there's a social stigma and a lot of people don't talk about it publicly.

I can't talk about it because I risk getting fired. Also, some whack-job may assume I'm not a great dad (and he'd be wrong). ...and no, my kids don't know - but like Santa Clause - when the time is right I will tell the truth.

And to swing this back on topic, I'll be honest and say I don't play better just being high. However, after a couple drinks THEN a smoke - that's my sweet spot, and have had some GREAT games. In fact, I got my highest 700 million score on AC/DC that way.

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Robin is Dutch, not Australian.

If there are a lot of Dutch members, doesn't that mean we can skip the commentary and proceed directly to human trials!?

#173 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, but he walked 7 people!!!

The story I heard was that Doc Ellis pitched a no-hitter, but walked 8 and hit 1. From his wikipedia article:

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the [catcher's] glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me.

#174 9 years ago

More regarding LSD: a friend of mine while on an acid trip had an idea on how to end world hunger, but he didn't write it down and couldn't remember what it was after the trip. So he decided to trip again later being sure to write down this idea if he had it again. After the second trip, again he couldn't remember the idea, but he had the piece of paper that he had written the idea down on. The paper read:

"Oatmeal, because it expands in the stomach."

#175 9 years ago

Clearly we need a more scientific study on this pot and booze and the impact on pinball play. I'm sure we can find some volunteers here. You need to play 5 games sober, 5 games after four beers, and 5 games after getting high (I can't specify quantity, since well, quality varies), average your scores and report back. Obviously you have to do the second two tests on different days. Of course I suspect most of those who do this test will then not remember why there were doing it in the first place and will fail to report back -- so, never mind.

And as far as reaction time, clearly the WKRP episode (and yes I am dating myself here), where Johnny Fever and Venus Fly trap were testing reaction time while drinking, we saw where Johnny's reaction times improve the more he drank, and that was on TV, so it must be true -- oh, wait, maybe that only applies to the internet.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

"Oatmeal, because it expands in the stomach."

I'd go with Hendrix, because it expands in the mind.

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, real talk.

Aurich, agree 100%!
    I am also a Medical user. Cancer, stage 4, been fighting for over 3 years and Cannabis has helped me immensely.
    All the Doctors and Nurses at the Cancer Center know Cannabis works.
    And extracted Cannabis Oil is showing promise in curing, yes curing, All forms of Cancer!!!

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Ever write down your good ideas when your high? Yeah, not so good...

Not with this guy. Some of my best ideas have come when I'm "Stoned".
    Yes folks, you can function using Cannabis!

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

If nothing else, it's a good way to clean out the fridge of leftovers.

#180 9 years ago

when I was like 16 my dad let me sneak a couple shots of tequila at the bar next to the arcade. I kid you not, I killed on an arcade game called exterminator. I went back to play it sober, played like crap. There's something to getting rid of your inhibitions.

#181 9 years ago

Delighted to learn I'm not the only stoner on Pinside.

#182 9 years ago

Almost all "coffeeshops" over here have pinball machines, so there must be something to this combination.

#183 9 years ago

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

Not with this guy. Some of my best ideas have come when I'm "Stoned".

I agree, it may give you more creativity, but there are other side effects that are not desirable. Some side effects happen more severely in some.

It's not harmless, but not as harmful as some legal drugs for certain.

#185 9 years ago

Ever write down your good ideas when your high? Yeah, not so good...

Neil Young recently admitted that he couldn't write songs for six months after he quit smoking weed. It's a good thing he wrote a lot of really good songs while he was still smoking weed or he might've gone hungry during those six months.

#186 9 years ago

2 or 3 beers improve my pinball/pool game.

The only problem is, that time period is awfully truncated by the next beer.

#187 9 years ago

the worst side effect is being classified as a criminal Matt
    but some of those FDA approved "LEGAL" drugs make me scratch my head it almost seams your treating 1 thing but the side effects are worse then the treatment itself, take A for sleeping but you may experience dry mouth, suicidal thoughts, bloody stools, if dry mouth continues consult a physician...you mean the guy that gave me this?
    ever play pinball on lunesta!?
    Tiger Woods pinball anybody

#188 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Neil Young recently admitted that he couldn't write songs for six months after he quit smoking weed. It's a good thing he wrote a lot of really good songs while he was still smoking weed or he might've gone hungry during those six months.

That's a prime example of what I'm talking about, weed makes you think terrible music is good.

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

the worst side effect is being classified as a criminal Matt
    but some of those FDA approved "LEGAL" drugs make me scratch my head it almost seams your treating 1 thing but the side effects are worse then the treatment itself, take A for sleeping but you may experience dry mouth, suicidal thoughts, bloody stools, if dry mouth continues consult a physician...you mean the guy that gave me this?
    ever play pinball on lunesta!?

Yeah some of those are scary physical effects. We just have to realize that drugs affect other people differently. Someone may feel creative on pot, others may become obsessive. It's a personal choice that shouldn't be made lightly, that's all.

#190 9 years ago

That's a prime example of what I'm talking about, weed makes you think terrible music is good.

Saying something like that around here could get a guy hurt. d

Him and his son are seen at Shark's games regularly. Somewhat ironically, he's about the only artist you're guaranteed never to see on a pinball machine. Despite (formerly) being a pothead, he takes pride in not selling out. It would be nice if more musicians did the same thing.

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

uncomfortable overly high state. One of those "just wait this part out for a few hours" deals.

My very favorite Jewish Rapper, Lil' Dicky:

(NSFW!)

Cheers to the medicinal users, my brother included, but I think it's probably pretty much bullshit. However, as placebos go (which are no doubt powerful), it's hard to do better than weed. I think smoking anything is pretty f'ing stupid, but I'd be down to munch on some gluten free hippie muffins, or puff on Aurich's technology device.

Religion v. weed? As a rule, stoners are really god damned annoying to be around. (Note: You are almost certainly NOT as funny stoned as you think you are. This is especially true for those around you, Not. Stoned.) That said, wow, I'd much rather hang out with a couple of stupid giggling pot heads than have someone try and tell me about which particular iteration of invisible ultra being to whom they grovel.

P.S. I have no doubt some people play pinball better with a moderate buzz. To quote Harold Ramis, "Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. It's like you know your perspective's fucked so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight. "

#192 9 years ago

F-it! We're going to White Castle!

#193 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

As a rule, stoners are really god damned annoying to be around. (Note: You are almost certainly NOT as funny stoned as you think you are. This is especially true for those around you, Not. Stoned.)

Heh, so true. If you're not like minded it's often annoying. I feel the same way about drunk people though. It depends on the intoxicated person though.

#194 9 years ago

It's sad that a thread with the title "playing pinball while high" gets so much attention.

#195 9 years ago

Yea and I am part of the problem by responding to this thread. I was hoping it would go away but it stays at the top. Unvisiting it now. Carry on, grumpy mode off.

#196 9 years ago

Yeah, what's next? Bestiality probably. Puppy sandwiches.

#197 9 years ago

So. is this now the oficial pinside stoners thread? let's party!

#198 9 years ago

I've never used the ignore feature on pinside before until now... I just clicked on ignore someone and amazingly all of his posts just disappeared - fantastic!

*pinside user name edited out.

#199 9 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

I've never used the ignore feature on pinside before until now... I just clicked on ignore Navajas and amazingly all of his posts just disappeared - fantastic!

Don't brag about ignoring someone, low class move. Just do it on the down low and be the better man if you can't take someone's posts.

#200 9 years ago

Ignored user post

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-pinball-while-high/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.