(Topic ID: 116937)

Playing on location, the wonder and the woes

By Philk

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    photo (18)1.jpg
    922783_769246168072_476499943_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballJon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Phil! I'm really glad to know that you enjoy coming to the park and playing the pins. It's posts like this that make it all worth while. I hope you're ready for some Medieval Madness this summer! We're looking forward to seeing you, the wife, and many other pinheads this season!

Location pins are always iffy, and there's so many times I put money in a game and end up being disappointed. This is part of the inspiration for the pins at knoebels...we know how some locations can be, but our goal is to have a reputation in which people know that the pins here are in good shape and work well. Sure there are going to be minor issues here and there (and occasionally something out of order), but we do our best to repair them quickly. With two arcades, having pins can be challenging, and I can see how it's so difficult for operators to keep them at 100%. We learned years ago that, in the off season, if we strip them down and shop them out they work pretty well for us. This makes operating the pins much more practical. When the season is in full force, there are a lot of games that need attention, so dedicating hours to pinball repair just isn't possible. Fortunately, by doing more major repairs/preventative maintenance in the winter, the pins give us very little trouble during the main season and therefore make them much easier to operate. I think the biggest advantage we have is this: we play the pins too, and therefore we know pretty fast if there's an issue. Plus, it's nice to have fellow pinheads to give us a heads-up if something is wrong too

Here's a little preview of the pins in Playland this summer (and don't worry, TZ is still there too, just in the other arcade):
    image.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballJon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-on-location-the-wonder-and-the-woes?tu=PinballJon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.