(Topic ID: 21180)

Playing Nascar in the wild. One sad observation...

By The_Gorilla

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Played Nascar tonight @ Old Chicago Pizza near Des Moines. The game was in mostly good shape, all but one switch worked. It was dirty enough that the lights were barely observable but I have, sadly, come to expect that on route. The sad observation...

I got my table called with one ball left on player 1 of a 2 player game...45 minutes later the game hadn't been touched by any of the 50 or so people that were in the bar area. When I see a game with credits or an active game going on I feel like I am being given a gift. I couldn't PASS on the free play!!!

#2 11 years ago

Perhaps the other patrons thought you were going to come back and finish the game. Could folks be that honest in Iowa? Its a nicer thought than the alternative.

#3 11 years ago

Try Jordan Creek Mall's movie complex in West Des Moines. They have many newer Stern games in great condition; and people are playing them!
Terry.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Try Jordan Creek Mall's movie complex in West Des Moines

Oh, I know, Terry! I get out there once a month. I kinda wish he would have waited for XM though rather than the TF. I just put all of my tokens in SM and IM. I actually had an audience on SM one night. I left the kids some credits and left with a smile.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Could folks be that honest in Iowa?

Probably too drunk to walk to the game. They have a fairly large offering of beers from around the world. I had a couple....too many.

#6 11 years ago

I was suprised how much fun I had playing Nascar when I found one.

#7 11 years ago

If I saw a gorilla playing pinball and he left the game, I'd be afraid to finish his game for fear of getting my arm ripped off and beaten about the head with it!

#8 11 years ago

Make that two sad observations. My wife, who has played around a total of 4 games of pinball in her life, beat me in game 2.

#9 11 years ago

I have never played someone's personal table. Only tables in "the wild" and I've never found a completely working table in my life.

Sidenote. My personal favorite is when you play a game in one place that has, say weak flippers but working locks, and then play it somewhere else with strong flippers but broken locks etc. Happens a lot.

End note; if I saw you playing and walk away leaving credits in the machine, I would be mad but wait. If you didn't come back for a half an hour, I would take your credits, keeping quarters in case you came back, but playing dumb to the fact that I knew it was you playing.

#10 11 years ago

I wonder if they want to sell it!

#11 11 years ago

I take credits from kids at the local movie theatre all the time.

They put in money, are too dumb to see the flashing start button, and walk away after slapping every other button on the machine, pulling the plunger 15-20 times. I have seen driving-age teenagers do this ALL THE TIME. They also completely ignore the knocker on a match and walk off.

Whatever. Too bad for them, and lucky for the movie theatre, because last time I played, it broke a slingshot rubber and got the ball all snagged up. I notified the mgr and had them put an out of order sign on it until the local tech can get it fixed.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I take credits from kids at the local movie theatre all the time.
They put in money, are too dumb to see the flashing start button, and walk away after slapping every other button on the machine, pulling the plunger 15-20 times. I have seen driving-age teenagers do this ALL THE TIME. They also completely ignore the knocker on a match and walk off.
Whatever. Too bad for them, and lucky for the movie theatre, because last time I played, it broke a slingshot rubber and got the ball all snagged up. I notified the mgr and had them put an out of order sign on it until the local tech can get it fixed.

If I see kids who don't know how to play, I usually walk up and tell them to hit the start button and give them a one minute lesson on how to play. The only way pinball machines will stay in the wild is if kids play them.

#13 11 years ago

I see this happen all the time I go to nickelrama. Just about 3 games with credits still on them, or active games going with nobody around playing them. Crazy to see because this NEVER happened when I was young and in an arcade. I used to LOVE it when I was a little kid watching some adult play a video game and they had to go back to work or whatever and would let me take over their game.

#14 11 years ago

When I find a pin in the wild I'd say about 30% of the time it has credits on it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

When I find a pin in the wild I'd say about 30% of the time it has credits on it

Especially the new 75 cent stern machines. I see a ton with 2/3 credits in it.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe:

I wonder if they want to sell it

Offered them money on the spot. It is a vendors. I really want one again. Jitneystand? ready????

#17 11 years ago

Nah, finally got her shopped out and she's gonna stay awhile

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-nascar-in-the-wild-one-sad-observation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.