2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello all,
    Have a 1975 Bally Wizard. Where is the best place to buy a plying field glass for this game?

#3 2 years ago

If you can find a local glass shop that can supply tempered glass, you may be able to get a sheet of playfield glass for around $30.

Provide the measurements (43" x 21" x 3/16"), and specify that the edges be sanded (not polished), and no logo on the glass. Some shops might require a minimum order, which might vary from shop to shop.

Some shops might not specialize in tempered glass, so the cost could be $50-$100 per sheet. I'd suggest looking elsewhere until you find a cheaper place.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you can find a local glass shop that can supply tempered glass, you may be able to get a sheet of playfield glass for around $30.
    Provide the measurements (43" x 21" x 3/16"), and specify that the edges be sanded (not polished), and no logo on the glass. Some shops might require a minimum order, which might vary from shop to shop.
    Some shops might not specialize in tempered glass, so the cost could be $50-$100 per sheet. I'd suggest looking elsewhere until you find a cheaper place.

LOL, I just called a local place quoted me $145 if I pick it up

#5 2 years ago

Many local glass shops just order glass, especially tempered. Shame.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from borna:

Hello all,
    Have a 1975 Bally Wizard. Where is the best place to buy a plying field glass for this game?

Ideally pick one up at a Pinball show. $40 at Allentown and Ivan brought the extras to York, also $40.

#7 2 years ago

your location would help, lots of us keep glass on hand.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from borna:

LOL, I just called a local place quoted me $145 if I pick it up

That likely means they outsource it and don't specialize in it. There's likely going to be some place within 100 miles or so that does it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-field-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.