Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Hi there, any tips on playing Creature in a tournament. In the past I have had one good result and several poor ones and need to increase my average scores. Games tend to be set up to drain, on hard settings with no extra balls. Any advice?

#2 13 years ago

You might as well learn from the best ...

http://vimeo.com/14449080

#3 13 years ago

I have always found this interesting... CftBL sometimes gets criticized for being not a very good game yet I have seen it come up several times now as the pin of choice for competitions, including the "championship" pin at the PAPA tournament. Along that line, then, I have heard that Creech is a great game but even more so for helping to make one into an even better pin player due to its requirement of well placed shots. Interesting...

All the best in your tournament!

#4 13 years ago

Thanks for the link, it's interesting that even the best seem to struggle and they are much better players than I am. I used to own one a few years back. I think Creach is a great game but its tough in a tournament.

I was wondering if someone had a quick way of getting large scores such as hitting the ramp over and over for millions. It seems there aren't any safe shots and the ball comes back SDTM if you don't get the shots right.

I look forward to playing it.

#5 13 years ago

I have been playing mine for a couple of weeks, it is a real PITA. I have it set to 7.5 degrees and I think I need to make it less of a drain. I also might move the outlanes a little less open.

The best score that I can get is always a super jackpot. The more the better. I think that creature gets to be in the finals because there aren't shortcuts to a great score. For those who haven't read the rule sheet.

This is how you get the super jackpot:

Light FILM
Lock a ball
Find the creature in one of the three tunnels
Rescue the girl
Collect jackpot
Hit bumpers for countdown
Collect super jackpot.

Repeat.

That is a lot to do without losing one of the two balls during the multiball. Not to mention that if you want the playfield multiplier, you have to send a ball around the whirlpool a ton of times while still doing those other things. Simple rulesheet, way hard to accomplish with a steep table.

#6 13 years ago

I LOVE this game. It might be one of the most challenging pins to get multiball going on and then, to score with multiball (as donjagra outlined above), there's a ton to do without draining one of two balls. So yes, it's very challenging but I don't find that it's a drain monster as much as some people suggest. I think ball times on this game can be moderate and the shots required, outside of the snackbar scoop are more forgiving then a lot of pins.

#7 13 years ago

This is a pin that I really need to spend more time on. I love the theme and artwork. The only time I played it in recent years was at the PHOF, and I walked away a little disappointed. The playfield just felt a little too crowded and obscured by all the ramps. That being said, I have a feeling that 15-20 minutes is hardly enough time to properly judge a complex game like this.

#8 13 years ago

So yes, it's very challenging but I don't find that it's a drain monster as much as some people suggest. I think ball times on this game can be moderate and the shots required, outside of the snackbar scoop are more forgiving then a lot of pins.

Agreed. Ball times (at least for me) have always been pretty good as long as I am not going for the snackbar scoop. This games forces you to hit a variety of shots to get what you want, and thats why there is always one in competition.

#9 13 years ago

Ball times (at least for me) have always been pretty good as long as I am not going for the snackbar scoop.

Too bad that the rescue, the jackpot and the super jackpot are all at the snackbar scoup.

#10 13 years ago

Is it a bad thing that the biggest scoring comes from nailing the most difficult shot?

#11 13 years ago

"Is it a bad thing that the biggest scoring comes from nailing the most difficult shot?"

Taking this as a non-rhetorical question, I would say that it is a good thing as I have heard that one of the best aspects of CftBL is that it can make you a better pin player by requiring players to make shots. Plus, it is rewarding when you actually do hit the shot.

#12 13 years ago

Once I had got used to the game, I found that building up the jackpot during multi-ball adds a whole lot more depth to the game. It's nice game all round.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks for the advice-didn't win only got one good ball but got the girl and jackpot, would have needed the super jackpot to win. At least I knew what to focus on.

#14 12 years ago

Too bad about the loss, but at least you got the girl.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 9.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-creature-in-a-comp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.