Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pecos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF4035 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconPunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My question is, how long have you played a game incorrectly without realising?

Either due to software issues (like previous owner changing a bunch of settings that drastically changed the game)
    or
    Mechanical things not working, or being incorrect parts.

For example
    2 weeks ago I finally realised that a machine I have owned for 1 year and 2 months had the wrong part installed. I had never played someone elses machine before was it wasn't obvious to me

It was my Seawitch, and it had a 1 way normal gate instead of the flappy orbit guide it was meant to have
    It wasn't obvious to me since all most footage and pictures are straight down. I always thought that the game was just designed bad and had average geometry
    I installed the proper part yesterday and cannot believe how much of a difference it makes to the gameplay. 14 WASTED MONTHS!

Can anyone top that?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

New to the pinball game, I bought a LOTR. I set it up and kept whatever settings was left by the previous owners. I played my first game and started banging the ball around playfield , while admiring the artwork and tripping out on the light show. Then , BooM , multiball.....then ..Wow another multiball. Balls are loading in the trough over and over as the ball I lose keeps draining. I am saying this game is great ...or I'm great (one or the other). As I am thinking, this is what makes Lotr amazing from what I have heard. After 10 minutes of non stop balls being reloaded and launches, my hands and fingers are getting tired, ..really tired. Damn man, this ain't so great anymore, something has to be wrong, this is kind of ridiculous. I open the coindoor, check the settings ............and everything is set to the easy settings and ball save time was off. It seemed as it was set up for the kids at the last household. It must of reloaded 50 balls in that session. Lesson learned people, check your settings, or be a statistic like me.

Ha! My lotr came from a top tournament player so he had all the settings on extra hard and it took me a couple of weeks to realise. The reverse to your situation I couldn't start any multiballs.

Hard to tell with whitestar as there is no default settings shown like Sam and wpc games

#11 5 years ago

When I got family guy earlier this year the right orbit Spinner was hitting the top of the bracket. So it wouldnt spin more than half a turn before getting stuck.

The guy that sold to me said the game was boring. Turns out he never got into a mode once and it was on almost base code. Bought and sold the game without knowing you need to rip Spinner to start a mode

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconPunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playing-a-game-wrong-for-a-long-time?tu=FalconPunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.