(Topic ID: 169167)

Playfields: Touch up or leave original? Poll.

By bkbirge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Playfield touchup or leave original?”

• Touchup always, a pristine playfield is godly. 17 votes
    31%
  • Never touchup, wear those battle scars proudly. 6 votes
    11%
  • Touchup only areas that affect playability, cupping inserts, planking, etc. 18 votes
    33%
  • Send it off for restoration, let the pros decide. Understanding it may take awhile + recouping the cost will NEVER happen. 3 votes
    5%
  • Varies depending on XYZ I will discuss below... 11 votes
    20%

(55 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkbirge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Did a search but didn't see anything pop up though I'm sure this must have been discussed before.

What is the considered consensus on playfield touch ups of EM games?

I've got an Aladdin's Castle that I've managed to mechanically tune up quite nicely with forum help. The playfield has some planking, a few wear spots around keylines and common ball tracks, some insert cupping, etc. Visually nothing too bad, looks nice and I would probably be ok with it as is, except I'm worried the roughness will cause the ball to tear it up more and of course it plays slower with those issues.

So... I'm thinking of clear coating. Question is whether to touch up first or not. In general when clear coating for playability would you want to always touch up the playfield first or do some of you like to leave the original battle scars? Assume I'm not talking about extreme playfield damage whatever that means to you.

Discuss away.

#13 7 years ago

Would love to see that example, please post. I thought I read on the forum that clear coating over sharpie causes smearing?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
Decorations
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkbirge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfields-touch-up-or-leave-original-poll?tu=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.