You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181207_160156 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181207_140130 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181207_140204 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I just received a beautiful Scared Stiff which was shipped across the country (by STI). It arrived in good condition -- no obvious damage. I also know the seller is a well-reviewed Pinsider and that the game was in perfect working order prior to shipping. I set up the machine and it powers on, but there is no power to the playfield -- not to the mechs or to the lights. The Color DMD LCD powers on and runs normally, the backbox is lit and the coin door lights come on. Also, when I hit the start button, the LCD displays a game start screen (ball 1, score 00), but no ball is kicked out of the trough. I am technically and electrically challenged so I am turning to better, more experienced minds... I did make sure all the fuses were in place.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated and thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Look inside the head and make sure all the connectors are connected...look for anyting dangling around

#3 5 years ago

Did you check to see if any fuses were blown as well? If you have a DMM - Remove one side of a fuse from holder before testing with meter set to ohms.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look inside the head and make sure all the connectors are connected...look for anyting dangling around

I did find these two connectors not connected, but the old owner stated those were from the old DMD display and were not supposed to be connected. I don't see anything else that looks disconnected.

IMG_20181207_140130 (resized).jpgIMG_20181207_140130 (resized).jpgIMG_20181207_140204 (resized).jpgIMG_20181207_140204 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Ground braid attached from main cabinet to backbox? Any pinched wires?

#6 5 years ago

Are you getting sound?

#7 5 years ago

I think those are removed when the colorDMD is installed and normal?

Whats the deal with those aligator clips?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 5 years ago

Problem solved!

Turns out all you have to do to have your technical questions INSTANTLY answered -- BY PHONE -- is buy a machine from HEP. Evidently, he's kind of like Pinball Santa -- he knows when you've been posting, he knows when you're in need. He saw my post, called me and now it's working.

The problem, by the way -- expertly NOT shown in my photos -- was a loose ribbon connector between the driver board and the MPU. Plugged in and we're good to go.

Thanks for all the rapid replies -- this community never ceases to amaze me!

Mike

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Problem solved!
Turns out all you have to do to have your technical questions INSTANTLY answered -- BY PHONE -- is buy a machine from HEP. Evidently, he's kind of like Pinball Santa -- he knows when you've been posting, he knows when you're in need. He saw my post, called me and now it's working.
The problem, by the way -- expertly NOT shown in my photos -- was a loose ribbon connector between the driver board and the MPU. Plugged in and we're good to go.
Mike

Awesome! How good did that first game feel after the panic subsided?!

#10 5 years ago

Those tempermental ribbon cables well get ya every once in a while.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Awesome! How good did that first game feel after the panic subsided?!

Awesome. Game is in beautiful shape and plays perfectly. Purchased from Pinsider delt31 in case anyone wants to know

IMG_20181207_160156 (resized).jpgIMG_20181207_160156 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Problem solved!
Mike

Yes when you spend money here you are buying a friend

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

That's nice. A little creepy; but nice.

#14 5 years ago

LOL

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Now that’s money well spent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 39.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 37.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 249.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-without-power-after-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.