Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Set up my Terminator 2, and discovered when trying to level it that the two ends of the playfield were off level, in the opposite direction. It's resting properly on the back hinges/bolts and on the front bar, so it seems that my cabinet is also twisted? Or is it possible for the hooks that the front end hangs from to be different lengths? I don't think the back end bolts could be at the wrong places as they go through holes in the side... Could the front bar be misaligned? The cabinet doesn't seem obviously warped. I tried to adjust the legs to compensate but trying to raise/lower them to fix the playfield results in the cabinet rocking side to side. Is there anything I can do short of sticking a piece of 1/8th inch metal stock under one of the front hooks?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think the back end bolts could be at the wrong places as they go through holes in the side.

not so wise of you to assume the holes are in the right place.. i had a hurricane that one of the bolt holes was off by half an inch from new.

start at the start and measure *everything*.

#3 2 years ago

I'm not much help except to say that play fields do warp. Apollo 13 is know for this, that heavy mech on the play field puts pressure on the wood over time and you end up with a less than even surface.

I had a TFTC that also once seemed warped. I disclosed the warping play field while I was selling and the seller didn't care at all.

#4 2 years ago

I have a TZ that I could never get the playfield perfectly leveled top to bottom. It either had a slight warp to the playfield, or the mounting of the pivot points in the cab or the mounting of the lockbar were slightly off. I found that if I put a 2 to 3 mm thick shim under the right playfield hanger bracket (on top of the lockbar where the playfield hanger bracket sits on it), it leveled the playfield perfectly. I put thin double sided adhesive tape under the shim to hold it in place when I lift the playfield to service the machine.

So to sum up, I basically had to stick an 1/8" shim under one of the front hooks as you noted.

#5 2 years ago

Unscrew the lockdown bar receiver inside the cabinet and check there is not a second set of screw holes drilled into the cabinet behind the receiver. I have seen cabinets in the past where the original factory assembler misaligned the original screw holes and then made a second set of screw holes to adjust it.

The bolt holes will be fine as they have a wide opening on the receiver and it can be adjusted to compensate quite easily but misaligned screw holes is enough to throw out the alignment by 2-3 mm which is what it sounds like you are describing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Encinitas, CA
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside