1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

monkey (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago

The thing with Toy Story, especially the trilogy is that there are so many primary characters (Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Andy), villains (Lotso, Sid, Prospector), and then a million secondary characters (Rex, Hamm, Slinky, Barbie & Ken, Mr. & Mrs Potato Head, and even to an extent Bonnie's existing toys), that there's no way to cram all of them onto a PF. You have to think of what a Lawlor game can hold and then how to get some elements from the game in there, leaving the rest to the display.

I'd personally have 2 ramps feeding the inlanes, one as slinky dog (a la Scared Stiff) and the other as a Hot Wheels track. From there, I'd integrate Buzz in the apron and have his laser beam be a crossbow toy like Walking Dead dressed up as his arm. Therefore Woody now has to be on the PF to make the game instantly recognizable. As he's a flimsy character, and that you shouldn't have to bash him and he has no items which could interact with a ball, I'd just make him a head in an upper corner which narrates to you (think Smaug... but better... or Homer... but less dumb looking). Other corner could be a "Thaaa Clawwww" crane toy positioned like Thing in TAF.

Now I've put 5 characters (Woody, Buzz, Aliens, Slinky, Hot Wheels) in the game, all along the perimeter, while not using up any of the main area of the PF. This is where I'd get the villains involved. As Sid is the oldest and probably the least pleasant to have on the PF, I'd have him rise up like Monger and Dr. Evil. I'd put a Prospector Pete in box bash toy somewhere, and then have Lotso either as a bash or a ramp. Now we're at 8 notable toys from the movie and probably at capacity... unless you can make a Mr. Potato Head "backdoor" scoop if you know what I mean.

For all the secondary characters, they'd be integrated into modes on the display where you have to collect them for boss battles and/or MB's. That would be a jammed packed PF while also making sure all favorite characters are still seen at some point in the game.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Story
    - use the characters but use a fresh story line to stop Zerg from taking over the universe
    Challenges
    - collect the characters
    - main mission is to collect parts for Buzz's real space ship, depending on parts collected will determine the spaceship's destination and wizard mode
    - collect toy parts from Sid's yard to add to the space ship
    - soliders do a recon mission to find parts (at Stern, Spooky, Americian Pinball, Deeproot, but don't bother with Homepin)
    - definitely go to the arcade and collect the aliens as you need them for the language translation - then may as well dive into a JJP pinball game while at the arcade to retrieve some parts and incorporate JJP's other games on the screen and 3d walk around in the world of that game on the screen
    - fly to say 1 of 3 planets / worlds (depending on the ship you built) to save the planet from Zurg's universe take over, if you defeat the wizard mode and save the planet you then fly directly to another planet as you get spaceship upgrades and you choose the planet.
    Characters
    - Buzz, Woodie, Jessie, Rex, slinky dog, potato head, Aliens (Claw Machine), Rex, the green army soldiers , Emperor Zurg
    Ramps
    - agree on a slinky dog ramp where the slinky goes around the ramp and maybe the ramp could stretch out to place the ball in a new area once some goals are achieved.
    - also agree on a bright orange hotwheels track with a loop or a jump and depending on the speed on the ramp could be- slow lands on the playfield, medium gets to a lower ramp and high speed gets to a better adventure
    The planets could have weird planet names but the 1st letter of each planet can be be from J - J - P (Jersey Jack Pinball)

Love this post, and think it’s a great approach. Somehow I even forgot to include Zerg in my list of villians (Al as well!).

Funny I forgot Zerg as he was the first toy where my son made a purchase. When we go to Disney, he has to help pay his airfare via piggy bank. It’s started to instill a pretty decent work ethic. He has a set amount he has to earn and anything on top he gets to use for souvineers.

So when he first went, he wanted a foot-tall Zerg toy in Tomorrowland that was the same size as his Buzz toy. I thought it was crazy to waste all his extra money on one toy, on the first day, but holy hell was he right in his commitment to play with it. I think every hero toy in the house had their day with Zerg (I know because I had to be him). Little LEGO figures somehow could take down Zerg.

It’s a huge tangent, but also shows how powerful this title is, and how if done correctly, JJP has a home run license that will transcend multiple generations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 300.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside