Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monkey (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, lets start the Toy Story Toy speculation list... Let me start off.

Buzz Lightyear in his spaceship shaped box ala Dracula in his Coffin on MB... same toy. Or Prospector in his box who comes out to play mischeif and you have to bash him back into his box...

The Claw! Judge Dredd anybody?, LAH, JohnnyM, DK, BM66, GB? R911?, All similar type toys... nothing really new? Or a different use of a toy claw machine?

Slinky Dog doing something with the ball... forcefield? Magnet toy?

The Big One- some kind of firework/rocket toy...

Emperor Zurg ball lock and cannon launch... another cannon toy?

A TV to play episodes of woody roundup on...

Bo Peep and her sheep ball lock and multiball... just a scoop with a figure of Bo?

Rex tries to grab the ball as it goes past him. Animated little front legs and rotating head who watches the ball and speaks toy. Think Oktoberfest or TSPP Homer... maybe Sasquatch on W2O?

Hotwheels orange loop the loop ramp?

How about some ideas for these:

Big Baby? Or Lotso? The Army men? (was that CSI? No, Stern’s 24- God they looked awful)

Jessy, Evil Professor Porkchop, Mr and Mrs Potatoehead, Etch- (some kind of display toy?)
    Speak and Spell, Weezy, Barbie, Ken, etc... etc...

#8 5 years ago

There is so much potential for this theme, I just hope they don’t bog it down with too many rules... I don’t need to know what mode needs what multiplier selected or not selected, or what action button I have to press to get my gold... that shit is not really pinball to me. Multipliers tied to number of balls on the table, or simple multipliers like bonus and playfield which can be earned, and simple individual scoring modes which can be stacked.
    Part of the discovery of playing a machine was figuring out what modes to stack, what modes to not stack, what order to complete the modes, and what strategies gives the best bang for the risk. But most of the time, you just shoot the flashing lights. Pinball is a physical game of skill, not a Mensa test.

I totally agree with this “quote” from Star Trek, voyage home by Scotty-

#16 5 years ago

Wow, no love from @thelaw, so I’m wondering what about that post dropped a turd in your Wheaties? (Just poking a little fun dude). Just because I am openly bashing the depth of JJPoTC or TH, or just about every other currently produced modern day pin ruleset that is deeper than “10 points when lit”? Maybe? Because I will gladly jump all over ALL the modern rulesets from every manufacturer if you want me to. I like toys. I like making toys do their thing. I like light shows, I like animations, I like funny callouts, I like wizard modes, I like multiballs. I like stacking, I like combos, I like multipliers, I like easter eggs. What I don’t need, however, is thirty seven different ways to play the strategy on a machine, based on a ruleset thats deeper than the Marianas fucking trench. What I consider “deep” is wizard modes like Sperm Attack Multiball, Lost in the Zone, things that require you to complete things but maybe not everything, and yet you can get to the final mode. That is deep to me. Knowing that if I choose character X at the beginning of my ball, that during mode Y this lets me actually finish the mode which I need to get to some final wizard mode Z, and if that pathway is not clear cut, straight forward, and published somewhere, like when I hold up a flipper for instant info or on the apron card, then the rules are more confusing than beneficial. I play to see neat stuff, not so much get a high score (at least not much higher than a replay )

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

A monkey, they are very trendy in the industry !
    [quoted image]

Ok, that post got love by me and @thelaw... Yeah, maybe the monkey is the new COW?!?

#22 5 years ago

@thelaw, yes, I should suffix it with IMHO, and you are right, I have a very specific idea of what a game SHOULD be to me, which is not what the trend is in modern rulesets. And the HUO market has really tainted the rules for the casual player in favor of the depth for long term gameroom staying power. I mean if I got to the wizard mode all the time on a machine, it would not last long in my gameroom either, except its not just my gameroom. So I was done with Pinbot and BOP pretty quickly from that point of view. When you can walk up and score a solar value jackpot and reach the Sun, or turn her human and score a billionaire club shot, or try and turn her over with 10 billion... yeah time to move on. But I am moving up to a MB... which is shallower than FGy, but sometimes more satisfying because you can get to MMP, MOR or LL, or score the Rock before Bash bonus or the super six easter egg, there are plenty of goals for the wizard to try for besides GC, MB champion, or MOR champion. But maybe I am too old school ‘90s for the newer trends...

#24 5 years ago

@swinks, I like the way you are thinking... don’t make it about the movies and those plotlines, because they are all resolved, and that really limits your design to what HAS to happen in all (now 4) films, including TS4:Sporky goes to the Landfill.

Take on a new quest that we havent seen before. I can see Pixar taking this approach to do a mini TS storyline. They love to tell stories, and if they went this way, It would ge a hit because poeple would play to see a 5th mini movie, one cut scene at a time, between modes.

#32 5 years ago

@vireland, Touche! Sir. Took me a second. No we dont want no Woody-furter or Franken-year strutting across the playfield in fishnets...

#33 5 years ago

@tractordoc, left kickback... looks like boot, ball rolls past, snake shoots it back in play, Woody says...

#37 5 years ago

First completed shot would give him his mouth and he would berate you the entire time especially for missed shots, but every found (completed shot) piece he would say some sarcastic remark, like great, one Leg, like what am I supposed to do now? hop around all day? Ya hockey puck! You get the idea...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-toys-for-toy-story-speculation-thread?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.